• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GDT 7/29/14 ANGELS @ ORIOLES - 4:05 PST

Well Lou, I re-read what I wrote last night and I went overboard. Especially if you combine that with me assuming (not really assuming, but merely hoping) that Freese would get at least a one game reprieve for this home run, then I came across like a prick last night. Will I ever agree with the over reactions, nope. Do I love when you bump something and say, "I agree", yep. But last night was on me. I do say a lot of things on here tongue and cheek, but last night, because I was pissed off at the loss, I lashed out on what I thought was a ridiculous comment. I wasn't really telling him what to do, it was merely an exaggerated response, no different than his own posts.

Thanks Stradling and Lou, points are well taken.

I never responded negatively to critiques of my vents in the past 7 years, it's just something that happened recently.

I love the humor and sarcasm on here, and will continue to vent as well. But I do need to go back to the AO pre-July 2014, who is cool with the critiques on the vents as long as they are regular critiques and not downright hammering.

I can agree with that. 1st base is a damn long distance from home plate even with a gapper; the O's outfield has talent and good throwing arms. The Angels bench really isn't set up with a pinch runner so the prudent move is keeping Pujols in the game unless the odds shift towards a run being scored with two outs. That would have required Pujols to have had hit a double instead of a single, then I could see Scioscia making a move. Pinch running for him when he was on third would have been redundant as well since it still required a hit to score any runner.

The O's defense is one of their biggest pluses, the two errors last night notwithstanding. 

They definitely look like a Showalter managed team, one that doesn't like to beat itself.

And it didn't help that Aybar hit into tough luck, lining the ball right to the 1B.   Just a bit off that line, and 2 runs score and Street enters the game.

Edited by Angel Oracle