• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bring 'Big Game' John Lackey home

Yeah he his attitude certainly f'd the team when he 21st originally with the Angels. Just like what he did with Boston last year.

With the chemistry clicking at 100% right now, I know the first thing I'd want to do is get a "me-first", scream-at-my-players-on-the-field, character-deprived, ass-hat to keep that train rolling. Count me in...

Yeah he his attitude certainly f'd the team when he 21st originally with the Angels. Just like what he did with Boston last year.

I'm sure Francona will have awesome things to say about his clubhouse leadership...you know, dispensing pitching wisdom and health/conditioning between bites of fried chicken and sips of beer. 

Nobody on this board is gong to win anything, the Angels are the ones that win it or not. Who's "us"?

Oh geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

I think pimp is a doofus, but he's in the clear on this. If a fan spends up to 550 or so hours watching baseball over the course of a season and the playoffs, the invocation of the royal "we" isn't that big of a deal.

Now, the fact that pimp will claim "we/us" when any team wins, well...

Edited by RallyMo

I am not advocating bringing Lackey back. I don't know how much he could really help us. However never felt the hatred for Lackey upon his departure was fair. Yes he was a dough to his wife. I won't argue that. He did praise Boston fans for being more passionate. And guess what? He is right they are more passionate.

That said I believe Lackey has been in the league 15 years. Doing those 15 years he has two WS championships. He was the winner pitcher in the decisive game twice. He has pitched in the playoffs 7 times out of 15. I find it hard to believe a guy who has won as much of him to be a club house cancer.

I am not advocating bringing Lackey back. I don't know how much he could really help us. However never felt the hatred for Lackey upon his departure was fair. Yes he was a dough to his wife. I won't argue that. He did praise Boston fans for being more passionate. And guess what? He is right they are more passionate.

That said I believe Lackey has been in the league 15 years. Doing those 15 years he has two WS championships. He was the winner pitcher in the decisive game twice. He has pitched in the playoffs 7 times out of 15. I find it hard to believe a guy who has won as much of him to be a club house cancer.

What I am saying is that the team has good chemistry...genuinely seems to like one another and get along...roles have been defined...hiarchies established...they're on a roll.  Lackey, for better or worse, is a polarizing figure that may or may not mess with that chemistry.  We got a good mix right now.  In other words, to quote "Crash" Davis, don't mess with a winning streak.  Lackey has proven himself to be a good pitcher when healthy but he's also not going to blend in the background...he'll demand to be heard.  Personally, I don't like the mix.

Oh geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

I think pimp is a doofus, but he's in the clear on this. If a fan spends up to 550 or so hours watching baseball over the course of a season and the playoffs, the invocation of the royal "we" isn't that big of a deal.

Now, the fact that pimp will claim "we/us" when any team wins, well...

I thoughtlessly used the Royal We when ordering at Starbucks.

"We would like one Splenda... Oh, crap, I'm sorry, I used we."

"That's OK, 'We' will make your drink, anyway."

I had to watch to make sure they didn't spit in the cup.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2010/05/_normal_0_false_false.php

"Shut Up Lackey" is the title of the article above because John was whining about how the cheap the Angels were and that's why he left. 

And when Weaver signed his 85 million extention, he made these statements:

"I couldn't see myself anywhere else but here,"  "Obviously you could go to the East coast, but who wants that"...

When asked that he could have gotten "Sabathia" money if he went to free agency, Weaver so proudly answers:  "How much more do you possibly need?  I never play this game for money purposes."

Lackey can kiss our ***

Thanks for the input...

thanks for your input, since you want to be a dick about it. you're the one who went full douchebag on the "WE" for no reason. "WE don't win anything. the ANGELS do" no shit einstein, it's a turn of phrase or an expression of speach. stop acting like you don't know the meaning, and reply to the actual point of the thread which is that john lackey is a horse. 

Edited by ukyah