• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Extending Dipoto

Revad

Hes made some mistakes, but I think hes steered the ship on the right new heading. Hate to be an apologist, but he did get handcuffed by arte and inherited a very broken aytem, both on the big club and in the minors.

Our pitching has been shakey since the tail end of reagins. But he did turn around the offense in a pretty short amount of time. Obviously trout helps that. But dipoto seems to have completely remade what our offense tries to do vs previous teams.

I think that it's impossible to fix the Angels in the 3 years he's had. He 's made some critical errors (Blanton, Pujols, Hamilton, Hanson) and has had some bad luck (Burnett, Madson). But he's also

made some key decisions that are looking good, like the Skaggs trade, the Grant Green trade, before this year the Frieri trade, extending Trout and overseeing three consecutive drafts that have been pretty solid. Not only that, he's rebuilt the entire minor league infrastructure.

I'm not sure if he should or shouldn't be extended, but I think if they part ways you have to go with Servais to see things through, having an entire organization flip over every 3 years creates inconsistency and miscommunication. So it has to be either Dipoto or Servais.

Hes made some mistakes, but I think hes steered the ship on the right new heading. Hate to be an apologist, but he did get handcuffed by arte and inherited a very broken aytem, both on the big club and in the minors.

Our pitching has been shakey since the tail end of reagins. But he did turn around the offense in a pretty short amount of time. Obviously trout helps that. But dipoto seems to have completely remade what our offense tries to do vs previous teams.

he's also turned around the starting pitching pretty quickly as well.  they've been top 3 in the AL thus far

GMs are like drafts.  You cant really properly grade them until a few years have passed under their administration.  Dipoto hasn't had enough time yet.   He's made some good decisions, and some bad ones.  He's also had his fair share of bad luck, as well.  I like what he's doing with the farm system.  Some of his trades and FAs signings have been definite head scratchers.

He needs more time.

I believe in what Dipoto has done and tried to do and would support an extension to allow him to continue to develop the organization. Five total years sounds right and can be renewed as needed.