• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone have ESPN Insider?

Brandon

Just a head up: anyone trying to read espn insider articles can do so by deleting everything after "action=" in the url.  You will then be able to read the whole article

Edit: so I was able to do this earlier today after reading about it online.  I was successful and so assumed it would work for other articles, but I haven't even been able to find it in the URL.  Sorry.  I'll let you guys know if I figure it out.

Edited by AngelsFanSince86

The headline is ex-GM Jim Bowden mentioning how the Yanks and Angels can get David Price.

This trade proposal is more laughable than most of the homerish trades proposed by fans on forums. As far as being an ex-GM, even Hawk Harrelson is an ex-GM. 

That's it?

Yup that was it. His reasoning Cron would be able to pair up with Myers and Longoria in the middle of the order and give them the power they need. He could play DH/1B with Loney until his contract expires. Alex would give the Rays their 2B of the future because Zobriest(sp?) will either be moved at the trade deadline or won't be extended an offer after the season.

The headline is ex-GM Jim Bowden mentioning how the Yanks and Angels can get David Price.

Basically he doesn't think any NL teams will be after him and only the Angels and Yanks will be among the contenders interested.  It is just a typical Bowden load of crap.

Price is an ace, and the Rays are a smart organization, so dealing him away and getting two everyday bats for the next 6 years in return is definitely something they'd do.  But we also must consider that trading away Price is also trading away the inevitable compensatory draft pick he'd bring in once he reaches Free Agency.  So it would likely cost Cron, Yarbrough and a high upside pitcher who can equal the value of the draft pick they would've got if they had held onto him.  The Angels only have two of those in Newcomb and Gatto, and neither can be traded for another year.  Also, the Angels simply won't have room for Price without relegating both Santiago and Shoemaker to the minors and bullpen.  Price is an upgrade over those two, but not so much an upgrade that you give up Cron and Yabrorugh and not get the full value on Santiago or Shoemaker.  

The deal simply doesn't fit.  It'd also put the Angels in a strange position.  Price would be a FA after next year and Weav and Wilson both the year after that.  That's three pitchers, all in their 30's, all pretty good, that the Angels would either have to re-sign and block other up and comers or let go. 

This just isn't in the cards. 

I tried this and didn't find a single article that had this in the URL.

So this is strange.  I was trying to read an article on ESPN insider just earlier today.  Through google I came across a person who said if you do that it will work.  I went to the page I was trying to view and did it and it worked.  I assumed he was right and that it could be done to any article.  Just tried it and have been unsuccessful.  Very VERY confused.  I can't even find it in the URL anymore.  I'm gonna try and figure it out.  I was really stoked when I thought I had figured out a nice little secret.  

Edited by AngelsFanSince86

Funny because Bowden was saying on his radio show all offseason that the angels didn't have the young arms to get price.

which I doubt just as strongly. The dogs farm is about as thin as ours. They have pederson, but they also know their outfield without puig is going to need a make over

And after pederson its very thin