• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Weaver, Wilson or Richards?

Who do you go with?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. One game playoff, win or season is over, all are rested, who do you go with?

I conducted a poll over twitter to see who Angels fans would trust most in a must-win situation.  Overwhelmingly, twitter fans chose Weaver, which is understandable.  They all three have their strengths and flaws.

Weaver

Pro: He's the captain, has had the most success, seems to do well in pressure situations.

Con: At 86 mph, Weaver absolutely needs to be perfect in his location, pitch selection & changing speeds. Can be run on.

Wilson

Pro: Higher upside than Weaver, more proven than Richards, steady.  Playoff experience. Left-handed, limits run game.

Con: Prone to falling behind early.  Can have trouble hitting spots. Lacks ace upside.

Richards

Pro: The best stuff on the staff and maybe the league.  Has been the best in 2014.  Doesn't have to be perfect in his location to dominate. Limits the run-game for a RHP.

Con: No playoff experience.  Not as steady or proven as Weaver or Wilson.

This may be a question Scioscia will have to answer come October...

I picked Weav simply based on the fact that he's been on the big stage and had success. Although, Richards seems to pitch extremely well when he has a 'chip on his shoulder.'

Tough choice between Richards and Weaver.  It basically comes down to stuff vs command.

I'm assuming you're referring to the wild card round, and since that wouldn't be against Oakland, I'd probably go with Weaver.  If it were a tiebreaker game against Oakland, I'd go with Richards.

Tough one. Weave is the one I have begun to write off, only to look stupid. Cj quietly pitches like weaver of old, but like weav, suprises me (with occasional poor performances)

Richards' track record is too small. Hes young and will have hiccups. But if its all 3 on their best game, than probably him (though all 3 on their best game is a win win)