• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Theee best games I have ever been to.....

Involved teams we can't stand the most!

First was the final game of the 2012 season when Oakland game from 5 behind to beat the Rangers and take the devision. I was going to college in the bay area and decided to ditch class to go to, what turned out to be, the most intense baseball game I've ever witnessed in person.

Second, was Josh Beckett's no hitter in Philly last weekend and or course involved 2 more teams Angel fans can't stand. I recently moved to the East Coast and it was the first game I attended since being here.

Why, in all of my 25 years of going to Angel games, couldn't they provide a single dramatic game?

I've been to Weaver's no hitter, WS game 6,Angels knock out the Yanks in 2002, GA hit a walk off on Sasaki, Shiggy pitch to Ichiro for the first Japan pitcher Japan batter match up, Percival drill Canseco the game after Canseco yelled at him for throwing curve balls, and many many more. Go to more Angel games. 

I've been to Weaver's no hitter, WS game 6,Angels knock out the Yanks in 2002, GA hit a walk off on Sasaki, Shiggy pitch to Ichiro for the first Japan pitcher Japan batter match up, Percival drill Canseco the game after Canseco yelled at him for throwing curve balls, and many many more. Go to more Angel games. 

Get a life?....

Just kid din; that's a pretty good list.

A couple come to mind. I was there on Memorial Day when Jered Weaver got hurt in the first inning, the Angels blew a lead and Trumbo won it with a home run in the bottom of the ninth. I was also there for a game against the Royals when the Angels trailed 8-3 going into the ninth. With a combination of timely hitting and the worst infield play I have ever seen in a major league game, the Halos scored five runs in the bottom of the ninth to tie it, and Dallas McPherson won it with a home run in the tenth.

Of course, any game when we beat the Yankees could easily fill the #3 slot.

I still miss "Shiggy time" in the eighth inning. He still lives in my avatar.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

1. Game 5 of the 1986 ALCS. One game summed up the highs and lows of being an Angels' fan from 1977-2001. Still hurts when I watch the reruns and see the looks on Gene Autry and Gene Mauch's faces.

2. July 6, 1987. Red Sox score 5 in the 1st and are cruising with a 7-0 in the sixth with a pre-steroids and reigning Cy Young Award winner Roger Clemens of the mound. Angels knock Clemens out with 4 in the 7th. Angels tie up the game with 3 in the 8th including a clutch Mark Ryal 2-run shot. Game stayed 7-7 until Jack Howell hit a 3-run bomb into the old visitors bullpen in the bottom of the 12. Interesting note when I looked up the box score. Gary Lucas pitched 3.2 innings of hitless relief and Greg Minton pitched 3 innings of scoreless relief to win the game.

3. Game 4 of the 1986 ALCS. My brother actually wanted to leave after the 8th inning with the Angels down 3-0. Brian Downing getting hit by a pitch with the bases loaded to tie the game in the bottom of the 9th was the loudest I've ever heard the stadium until the rally sticks of 2002.

Honorable mention. August 23, 1981. Old school special. John Denny hits Disco Dan Ford in the 4th inning. 3, yes 3 bench clearing brawls ensue before the next pitch was thrown. Only guy thrown out? John Denny? Dan Ford? No, Don Baylor who kept charging out of the dugout and was in the middle of all 3 melees before finally being thrown out so play could continue.

1. Game 5 of the 1986 ALCS. One game summed up the highs and lows of being an Angels' fan from 1977-2001. Still hurts when I watch the reruns and see the looks on Gene Autry and Gene Mauch's faces.

2. July 6, 1987. Red Sox score 5 in the 1st and are cruising with a 7-0 in the sixth with a pre-steroids and reigning Cy Young Award winner Roger Clemens of the mound. Angels knock Clemens out with 4 in the 7th. Angels tie up the game with 3 in the 8th including a clutch Mark Ryal 2-run shot. Game stayed 7-7 until Jack Howell hit a 3-run bomb into the old visitors bullpen in the bottom of the 12. Interesting note when I looked up the box score. Gary Lucas pitched 3.2 innings of hitless relief and Greg Minton pitched 3 innings of scoreless relief to win the game.

3. Game 4 of the 1986 ALCS. My brother actually wanted to leave after the 8th inning with the Angels down 3-0. Brian Downing getting hit by a pitch with the bases loaded to tie the game in the bottom of the 9th was the loudest I've ever heard the stadium until the rally sticks of 2002.

Honorable mention. August 23, 1981. Old school special. John Denny hits Disco Dan Ford in the 4th inning. 3, yes 3 bench clearing brawls ensue before the next pitch was thrown. Only guy thrown out? John Denny? Dan Ford? No, Don Baylor who kept charging out of the dugout and was in the middle of all 3 melees before finally being thrown out so play could continue.

That's a great list. Even moreso, because I was also at all of those games.