• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Advice please!

Hi, I am traveling to LA on a road trip in August and want to catch a game on August 8th against the Red Sox. I am a huge sports fan especially football ( sorry soccer!!) supporting Pompey and England and cricket supporting Hampshire and England. I am not an armchair fan and enjoy seeing sport live for the atmosphere and spectacle. I would also like to be with "real fans" and not the corporate prawn sandwich crowd. This would be my first baseball game and so some advice on tickets please........where to sit for the best atmosphere and view of the game. I was thinking about $60-$70 dollars for a ticket would this get me a good seat etc?........... Thanks AndyEnglish

Frankly, there's nowhere at a normal Angels game where you can get anything which resembles an atmosphere. The prawn sandwich crowd at Old Trafford even make more noise. The rule I usually go by is the best atmosphere is in the cheaper seats on the lower deck, but really most of the lower deck is similar enough. $60-70 would get you a really good view on the lower deck.

As for tickets, there'll be plenty available at the door but there's a legal resale site called StubHub (it's not frowned upon or anything like it is in England) which I'd visit because they have some pretty good deals which often sell for less than face value.

If you're going to Anaheim and you're mainly focused on the baseball, I'd suggest staying at either the Hilton Orange or the Ayres Anaheim. Both are a short walk to Angels Stadium, both have easy access to Disneyland and shops and other attractions are pretty easy to get to as well.

Feel free to send me a private message if you need any more advice. I've done the sort of trip you're talking about more times than you can count (and am doing another in a few days), so if you've got any questions I should be able to help you out.

I recommend visiting Stub Hub and finding some tickets in the Lower View section somewhere in the infield (sections 410-426).  Lots of season ticket holders in that area so you'll be with real fans.  

Of course the season ticket holders can't stand being with Red Sox Nation so many of them will sell their seats to people like you.

If the Angels are looking playoff-bound in August it will be fun; otherwise it will be like Fenway West.

Hello,

Whenever I travel to southern California, I stay n Downtown Los Angeles and take the Angels Express train to the stadium. It's very inexpensive and and never crowded. Seven dollars round trip (6 for seniors). I recommend it because it allows you to visit historic L.A., and get to the stadium without having to fight the terrible auto traffic of the So Cal freeways.

Enjoy your visit

If you want to see a real game with real fans, I suggest making the 5.5 hour drive to San Francisco and attend a Giants game if you have time. Out of the 21 ballparks I've been to, its prob one of the best as far as stadium, crowd participation (cheering, chanting, etc) and food (gotta love those fresh Gilroy garlic fries!)