• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Song of Ice and Fire (GoT Book 1-5 Spoilers)

Totally off topic on the thread, but I'm near finished with Ready Player One, and I can't recommend it enough. Fantastic sci-fi/fantasy/80s pop-culture/video game references.

Enjoyed that one as well...one of my favorite books last year. Read it just after Reamde, by Neal Stephenson, which had a similar online world setting and thought it was better.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't get all the hate with books 4 and 5. Sure it wasn't the greatest books in the world but they had their really good parts and of course they were important to the grand scheme of things.

I'll say this, in the show I hated the Bran parts, in the books I love it. In the show I hate the Danaerys part, and in the books, well....I ****ing hate the Danaerys part.

I'm so down with everything that's going on in the North right now and cannot wait to see what happens.Tyrion I'm hoping somehow kills Brown Ben Plumm and takes over the sellswords, coming back to Westeros and ****ing shit up!

So on another board I'm on, there's like a 120 page GoT thread. Now that I've read all the books I'm going through that one and there's some good shit when it comes to theories.

Here's one about the "3 headed dragon"

Spoiler for those that don't want to read it and possibly get things spoiled even though it's just a theory.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/112554-connecting-the-3-dragon-heads-examining-unique-similarities/

• 2 months later...

So, it looks like there are some big changes from the books coming in Season 5 of GoT,

like Tyrion hanging out with Daenerys at the arena fights as a guest of honor while Jorah is one of the fighters. Maybe Griffin isn't going to be part of the story going forward after all.

I put a spoiler tag for those who don't know what's going to happen in the tv series, since it does appear to be a pretty big change.

• 6 months later...

besides the thing with dany and tyrion, is there anything else significantly different in the show going on right now?

jaime in dorne. sansa and ramsayl. jaqen at the house of black and white. tommen banging marg too.

Edited by Schildog

There has too much change so far from book to show. The straw that broke my back was Sansa supposedly getting married to Ramsay.

With that being said though, that old lady saying, "The north remembers" makes me know exactly where that aspect of the show is going and I'm totally into it. B)

Mance was killed off.

The Jeyne pool storyline is gone, or at least drastically changed, with Littlefinger teaming up with the Bolton's and Sansa getting engaged to Ramsey. Looks like Brienne is heading to Winterfell as well. They've cut out the Griffen storyline.

The storylines are a lot tighter, and I think for the most part they tend to make sense. I don't think we will see chapters full of Stannis plodding a long in the north and it will be more direct assault on Winterfell at some point.

All of the Iron Islands stuff has been cut out as well, at least at this point...and I don't see them going down that path.

It looks obvious that at some point Theon will save Sansa and Brienne will help all of them by bringing them to Stannis. Which has me thinking because now that Brienne absolutely HATES Stannis in the show, will she deliver those two to him or make her way to Jon Snow to deliver Theon and Sansa?

Mance was "killed off" on the show. They could easily throw a curve ball at us and have him come back.

Regarding Stannis not going around the North gaining support I think that's going to be a huge mistake. I read a blog that speculates the upcoming battle in the next book of Stannis and his allies and Bolton and his allies and the battle itself sounds so legit. It could only happen that way if Stannis goes around winning support of the Northern Lords.

Red, I'm REALLY hoping they don't completely cut out the Iron Islands stuff. That was some of my favorite parts of the books. I want to see Victarion Greyjoy so bad.

Red, I'm REALLY hoping they don't completely cut out the Iron Islands stuff. That was some of my favorite parts of the books. I want to see Victarion Greyjoy so bad.

I doubt they add it back in. They've added Dorne this season, so there really isn't a chance to add and go in to the backstory re: the Greyjoy's and the Iron Islands. I think this is another instance where that thread can be cut without impacting the overall end result. That time is much better spent focusing on the characters already introduced.

I definitely like with they are doing with Brienne...much better than just having her wandering around feeling sad for herself.