• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Song of Ice and Fire (GoT Book 1-5 Spoilers)

• 1 month later...

They certainly have had to fast forward through a lot of shit...which has given this season a very rushed feeling as they try and fast forward through 2 books of shit so they can have a climatic end to the season.

Book only readers are going to be bummed when they find out what happens at Winterfell...what happens when Tyrion meets Daenery's...etc. etc.

• 2 weeks later...

They certainly have advanced ahead of the books in some areas. It would appear Martin's plan was to always have Stannis burn Shireen at the stake and that will be part of the next set of books.

Folks are going to shit bricks next week when

Ollie takes out Snow.

. *See...you non book readers really shouldn't click on this thread...*

Cersai walk of shame should be this week as well.

Edited by red321

isn't shireen still back at castle black in the book? 

yes

io9 theorizes a few things...one being that Martin is full of shit and didn't plan on killing her off but is now rethinking it. I think their last theory is probably correct...Melisandre would do it without Stannis being involved.

I didn't catch their train of thought though that it was obviously leading up to Brienne killing Stannis. I haven't caughten that vibe at all, to me it seemed to foreshadow she was going to kill the Bolton boys.

http://io9.com/so-did-game-of-thrones-just-reveal-a-huge-book-spoiler-1710011764

It's going to suck once Jon Snow gets it. Because then we will have to wait until at least April next year to find out if he actually lives or dies from it.

I don't think any POV character has died (and not come back in the case of Catelyn Stark)...right? Probably wrong, but can't think of one of the top of my head, outside of maybe the person who lost his head...Ned!

I would put money that he doesn't die...otherwise the show has 

Laugh...maybe that is just to throw people off!

I did hear people were thinking he was dead because he cut his hair

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/07/kit-harington-hair-game-of-thrones_n_6429288.html

I'm sure we'll know soon enough.  They start filming next season in July and in this information era, photos get leaked very quickly.  It's hard to keep secrets.

I must say I was pretty pissed how the Battle of Winterfell went down. We are to suspect that it's going to be a huge epic battle in the next book but the whole thing took about 2 seconds in the show?

Now I've been pretty good separating the books from the show now since they are really separate entities, but throw us a bone for an epic battle in the North!

What purpose does Stannis have at this point? His army is dead. His family is dead. And the chick he was relying on to be right has abandoned him. I think his story ends with him being an overconfident commander who lost the two major battles he needed to set himself up to be King. The guy who would do anything to be King and maybe wanted it a little too badly and didn't use enough caution.

I kind of thought it was fitting. He was the ultimate purveyor of justice. He even cut off the fingers of his most trusted adviser who had saved him years prior. Yet, he committed one egregious act after another chasing after the crown and I think the realization hit him and the end. He sold himself out, he deserved his fate. "Do your duty." Though it was odd that he seemed to be looking behind Brienne....will someone like Lady Stonehart finally make her appearance next season?

I think if they were going to go the Stoneheart route we would have seen her last night. Would have been a huge reveal if Brienne fell over dead and Lady Stoneheart was standing behind her. The buzz from it and people having to wait 10 months would have been too big for the show runners to pass up.