• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Song of Ice and Fire (GoT Book 1-5 Spoilers)

Here's a question. I was reading through another forum, book readers watching the show. Apparently a whole bunch of people though the last episode was ruined because Littlefinger said "Your Sister" instead of "Only Cat" before pushing Lysa out the Moon Door. Hell, even found an article about it while researching this post.

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/game-of-thrones-only-cat-line-change

Maybe it's me, but I can't even recall that line. Did it bug you they changed it?

I'm fine with Robb and Catelyn being killed off in the story.

I forgot about the Hound dying as well.  Or at least he's perceived to have died.  I know there is a great debate over if he does or not.

As for the books and seasons, I think you're going to see a couple books combined.  Books 4 and 5 were meant to be one book.  Only reason they were split was because the book was too large.  I think they will combine those books for the show.  They have to because of the way the storylines are.  They aren't going to go two seasons without having Tyrion or Arya's storyline.

Well, he does have an ending already planned out.  Apparently he has given the show runners a complete outline of how the story goes if for some reason he dies before he can finish the books.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has the books done or at least close to being done.  HBO has a huge interest in those books now and can be paying him money not to publish them.  I doubt HBO wants people finding out what happens on the show far in advance.  What I could see happening is HBO having him hold off on publishing the books until the show catches up.  Then once they do, he can publish each book around the same time the season for that book is taking place.

I remember reading this from you or someone else in the other thread.  I don't necessarily doubt it I'd just rather believe he didn't know how it would end or how he'd get to that ending instead of thinking he's dragged it out because of the HBO series.  That's just a shitty thing to do to fans of the books in my opinion but given how crappy book 4 was it sucks a little less.  TBH I'm not even up to date on the HBO series partially because I don't have HBO but more so because to me it's like reading the books at this point knowing it's not complete yet which doesn't appeal to me.  

I like ADWD. However, I get where the haters come in. What was the point of Quentyn? He comes in to court Dany and dies in the same book.

Did we really need that arc?

That being said to, "for the watch" were the most heartbreaking quotes of the entire series.

I'll be bummed if he's brought back to life by Melisandre or some other take on the "Lord of Light".

Can't see him killed off though, especially when you consider he may not be Ned Stark's bastard, but rather the bastard of Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark.

Targs have been polygamists.

Noted...in the past they were though that practice had fallen out of favor. 

However, the extent to which the Targaryen kings could defy convention, the Faith, and the opinions of the other lords decreased markedly after they no longer had dragons. If you have a dragon, you can have as many wives as you want, and people are less likely to object.

(copied from the wiki)

I'm not sure that is necessarily the case...the Kingsguard is sworn to do the bidding of the king/royal family. It's why Cersei can have them running down to Dorne, or Jamie can be sent to bring Riverrun under control. Rhaegar could have commanded them to hold her, and it may have had nothing to do with Jon. Remember, she was dying, but hadn't passed away when Ned arrived.

Edited by red321

It's not necessarily the case but it makes the most sense.  Rhaegar left 3 of the best (if not the best) knights at his disposal guarding Lyanna while he went off to lead his father's army in a battle he eventually died in.  By all accounts he would have made a much better king than his father and he even told Jaime before leaving Kings Landing that he should have taken steps earlier that would have prevented the rebellion.  Point being he was a smart guy and yet he still leaves the 3 of them behind.  Only Ned and Howland Reed knew the truth when they left the tower and Howland is the only one alive who can confirm what Lyanna said to Ned.      

It does make the most sense. I hadn't thought of the "true born" angle, hadn't realized the Targaryen not only liked to keep it in the family, but the more the merrier as well.

He probably could have helped quell the rebellion by not stealing away Lyanna in the first place. 

i got the feeling from reading that aegon is going to be pretty important

if they start chopping out important characters from the show, that will make it turn bad pretty fast

that or it will just highlight he's wasted a lot of people's time with various subplots!

Yeah, if the Aegon subplot ends up being relatively unimportant, I'll be displeased.

It sets up some much needed conflict for Daeny, who has become tedious with her current lame plot stuff. Aegon and Tyrion both showing up at her doorstep could really get a lot of things going that are currently moving at a glacial pace.

Well aegon is in westeros