• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout has the highest defensive fWAR in baseball

NrM

That's his purpose, though. He trolls in a subtle way. It's still trolling and adds nothing of value to the discussion or the forum.

You'd think someone would eventually get bored of doing this for so many years, but not him. Must be a very 'special' guy, I bet.

I will take TD's trolling any day over what a lot of guys bring to this site. TD is a season ticket holder, so he is obviously a fan. He just says dumb stuff to get a rise out of us, and I am more than an idiot for responding when he does. He is a good yin to all the negative yang.

I will take TD's trolling any day over what a lot of guys bring to this site. TD is a season ticket holder, so he is obviously a fan. He just says dumb stuff to get a rise out of us, and I am more than an idiot for responding when he does. He is a good yin to all the negative yang.

But I thought trolling wasn't permitted? Regardless of how it's executed, trolling is still trolling, no? And it adds nothing to the discussion or the forum, right? I thought Chuck was trying to "clean" this forum, anyway. TD certainly does the opposite of what Chuck is trying to achieve here. 

And where's the proof that he's a season ticket holder, anyway? His words? Has anyone actually on this site met him? Of course not. Don't believe everything you read, especially not from him. He's all lies.

I bet he isn't even an Angels fan and is actually a Dodgers fan, Angel hater in disguise. <--- I bet that's more accurate than anything he claims.

But I thought trolling wasn't permitted? Regardless of how it's executed, trolling is still trolling, no? And it adds nothing to the discussion or the forum, right? I thought Chuck was trying to "clean" this forum, anyway. TD certainly does the opposite of what Chuck is trying to achieve here.

And where's the proof that he's a season ticket holder, anyway? His words? Has anyone actually on this site met him? Of course not. Don't believe everything you read, especially not from him. He's all lies.

I bet he isn't even an Angels fan and is actually a Dodgers fan, Angel hater in disguise. <--- I bet that's more accurate than anything he claims.

Pretty much everyone trolls, his are harmless. Look at what he wrote and tell me it really is trolling. Its asinine this time, but I don't know about trolling.

How is it not? It's considered trolling because that was the purpose of his post...to troll. He wanted to rile people up and get a reaction. And it worked. That's what trolls do. And that's par for the course for him. Also, the difference between his trolling (compared to other members) is that he does it all the time and that's his sole purpose here. You can't compare. His username says it all, anyway.

Yes, his trolling is harmless. But it's still trolling. Harmless trolling is still trolling. And it adds nothing of value to any discussion. And I thought trolling of any kind wasn't permitted. That's what Chuck said, anyway. Maybe TD is the exception to the rule?

Meh.. his posts don't even bother or annoy me. His trolling makes me laugh at times. I was just wondering though how he managed to survive for so long despite the obviousness in his posts. I guess it's because he's harmless, afterall. 

I thank you dear sir ... will have to a beer someday at the Big A or maybe the Tilted Kilt.

But I thought trolling wasn't permitted? Regardless of how it's executed, trolling is still trolling, no? And it adds nothing to the discussion or the forum, right? I thought Chuck was trying to "clean" this forum, anyway. TD certainly does the opposite of what Chuck is trying to achieve here

Troll Daddy is obv. Chuck's alternate account.

How is it not? It's considered trolling because that was the purpose of his post...to troll. He wanted to rile people up and get a reaction. And it worked. That's what trolls do. And that's par for the course for him. Also, the difference between his trolling (compared to other members) is that he does it all the time and that's his sole purpose here. You can't compare. His username says it all, anyway.

Yes, his trolling is harmless. But it's still trolling. Harmless trolling is still trolling. And it adds nothing of value to any discussion. And I thought trolling of any kind wasn't permitted. That's what Chuck said, anyway. Maybe TD is the exception to the rule?

Meh.. his posts don't even bother or annoy me. His trolling makes me laugh at times. I was just wondering though how he managed to survive for so long despite the obviousness in his posts. I guess it's because he's harmless, afterall.

He has survived because he doesn't just troll, he isn't disrespectful and he is a positive fan. If he was a disrespectful troll then he probably wouldn't last, just like AW32 of RMunkey didn't last or some of the other guys that would troll just to start a fight. TD trolls because he thinks he sees the game differently than we do and he doesn't really take any of this seriously, not to say that he doesn't mean what he says, because he truly does. He just has some bad opinions, haha.

Edited by Stradling

Although I frequently disagree with TD he is a welcome member of this community IMO.

Scan through threads in the past few years. He usually is the most sober minded person and the least prone to wild swings of emotional rants against situations.

That's because he's not a real fan. His posts add nothing to the discussion. He's here to troll. 

Just my opinion though.

Overall he's pretty harmless.

Edited by Poozy

That's because he's not a real fan. His posts add nothing to the discussion. He's here to troll. 

Just my opinion though.

Overall he's pretty harmless.

Haha, it's amazing how many people are fooled by his shtick. The fact that some people actually consider TD an actual member with actual, honest opinions is pretty scary.

When TD defends someone like Joe Blanton or Vernon Wells, it's not because he's a "positive" fan. It's because he knows they suck and hurt the team. And he enjoys that. So he defends them while everyone else is criticizing them. It's all a part of his shtick. And then if/when they start doing well, he will stop praising them and/or start posting in a subtle way how they are no good. Another part of his shtick. Then you have Mike Trout. You will never see TD giving him praise. Why? Well, that should be obvious. And he will do everything he can do discredit him.. all in a mostly subtle way. He will also start praising other players, like Miguel Cabrera...pretty much saying they>Mike Trout. And not just with Trout, but any player who is a positive for the Angels. He will also defend the team and coaching staff when things aren't going well, then immediately change his tune when the wind shifts. Again, all a part of his shtick. There is nothing genuine about his opinions. It's all a part of his trolling act.

If an internet troll like TD is able to fool so many people, then can you only imagine how easy it must be for a professional liar like a politician? America..  :(

Bullshit that TD enjoys when players are hurting this team. He enjoys that people get so bent out of shape over the opinion given on an internet message board of somebody that they have never met. I believe he is a fan of this team. Maybe he isn't. But he certainly doesn't get enjoyment out of the team suffering. I'm not buying that for a second.

I enjoy TD. His posts and the fact that people respond adds instant humor to a thread. The dude has been doing this for years and yet still manages to get people who are fully aware of his shtick to argue with him. I've seen Blarg argue with him. I've seen Bruin argue with him. I've even seen Chuck argue with him. Maybe there is a rule against trolling but if someone is that good at it then I gotta tip my cap.

Bullshit that TD enjoys when players are hurting this team. He enjoys that people get so bent out of shape over the opinion given on an internet message board of somebody that they have never met. I believe he is a fan of this team. Maybe he isn't. But he certainly doesn't get enjoyment out of the team suffering. I'm not buying that for a second.

I enjoy TD. His posts and the fact that people respond adds instant humor to a thread. The dude has been doing this for years and yet still manages to get people who are fully aware of his shtick to argue with him. I've seen Blarg argue with him. I've seen Bruin argue with him. I've even seen Chuck argue with him. Maybe there is a rule against trolling but if someone is that good at it then I gotta tip my cap.

Unfortunately AW won't turn the page on him.

We can judge how meaningful "defensive fWAR" is by whether or not Trout is leading.

Depends on which WAR you use. Last season according to baseball reference his defense was terrible ( -0.9 dWAR). According to fangraphs it was slightly above average (+0.3)

I agree with this. He's a real fan of the Angels, I know this to be true. He just sees things differently.