• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Better hitters than David Freese

it seems like david freese could give two dumps about being a good baseball player since he came here....

sounds a lot like some other free agents we have signed (i.e. just about all of them)

When the money (read: millions) is coming in like that, it's easy to not get too upset about your bad play.

I was reading recently that most players in the past had to get jobs during the offseason just to support their families. Very few got the big bucks to play baseball.

I'm just saying it's easier for them not to feel "hungry" because their bad play might put them out of work with little money on hand. Most of them are signed for multiple years, guaranteed, and for millions of dollars. Even average-and-below players are making over a million each year.

Given human nature, it's easier to slack off a bit. Vernon's "too blessed to be stressed" attitude comes to mind.

I'm just saying it's easier for them not to feel "hungry" because their bad play might put them out of work with little money on hand. Most of them are signed for multiple years, guaranteed, and for millions of dollars. Even average-and-below players are making over a million each year.

Given human nature, it's easier to slack off a bit. Vernon's "too blessed to be stressed" attitude comes to mind.

Meh, that doesn't explain the many players who play hard daily and still make millions.  Freese just isn't good now.  Just like Wells and GMJ, they weren't good.  It wasn't about them being bad guys, or not trying.  Its about them being not quality major league players.  Which is, as of right now, what Freese is.

Meh, that doesn't explain the many players who play hard daily and still make millions.  Freese just isn't good now.  Just like Wells and GMJ, they weren't good.  It wasn't about them being bad guys, or not trying.  Its about them being not quality major league players.  Which is, as of right now, what Freese is.

Plus, Freese doesn't really fit that particular mold, anyway. He's still in his arbitration years.

What brain locked coach positioned Freese off the 3B line? I thought you ALWAYS protected the 3B line against a righty hitter in the 9th inning!

This same thing happened in the Oakland series. The game trout tied it up with a homer. Josh Donaldson roped a double down the line. Third baseman was playing off. I think it was Stewart.

But yes. We're only up by 2 yesterday with 2 on and not protecting against the "double" especially against a righty

I just don't get it

Edited by nando714

Meh, that doesn't explain the many players who play hard daily and still make millions. Freese just isn't good now. Just like Wells and GMJ, they weren't good. It wasn't about them being bad guys, or not trying. Its about them being not quality major league players. Which is, as of right now, what Freese is.

I disagree, I don't think freeze is giving it his all or at least his head isn't in the game. He's made some dumb mental mistakes in the field, and some of his at bats seem like he just gives up or has no plan out there. Just plain looking foolish

he looks checked out right now

One of my least favorite opinions are the ones that say players don't try hard or don't care about their performance because they make a lot of money. It is a lousy argument that holds absolutely no water. David Freese is not performing and instead of talking about facts, like his bat looks slow, you talk about how you interpret it. The money has no bearing on whether or not he still has bat speed. You say he doesn't care because he is rich and I will argue that the money doesn't take away competitiveness. If you think money would affect your competitive nature, then you probably aren't a very competitive person to begin with. These guys are the very best of the best and what makes them better, in most cases, is their competitive edge. I would say that that is the deciding factor all the time with guys that aren't naturally athletic. He is just playing lousy, it has nothing to do with how much money he makes and it has nothing to do with how much they care.