• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

10 things you may not know about Disneyland

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/most-shocking/10-shocking-facts-about-disneyland/10/

10. Underground tunnels (doesn't seem to be true)

9. Flash mountain (heard about this one several years ago and that many of the pictures are online)

8. Buried at Disneyland

7. Cat kingdom (never heard about this one)

6. Walt's everlasting presence (thought this one was pretty well known)

5. Forced perspective (first heard about this one years ago - it's a bit of a necessary thing)

4. Working at Disneyland (current cast members openly talk about wearing their uniforms outside of the park - it's not allowed, but it's not really enforced - some talk about how weird it is to see cast members gassing up their car or grocery shopping in uniform)

3. Disney VIP (club 33 is well known - a few of you have probably been there)

2. Hippie invasion (don't remember this one)

1. Basketball court inside the Matterhorn (heard this one many, many years ago)

Edited by Tank

10. There was this man that had scissors on him. Not sure how he got passed security with that. He approached a little girl from behind with the scissors drawn and cut the string off her balloon.

Hahaha! 

IEBRUIN is hilarious

i posted this on a vintage disneyland site on Facebook and an admin deleted it. he said over half of it was false.

caveat emptor.

I know that 10, 9, 6, 5, 3 and 1 are true.  

8 isn't out of question because I'm sure people have done/tried it for die hard Disney fans that passed away.

7 is odd, but could be true.  But I would have thought you would have seen them around.

4 is probably true.  

And 2 they should have napalmed TS island.

the FB page i visit recently had a huge discussion about the existence of an underground network of tunnels. the conclusion is that while there is one tunnel, it does not connect to the entire park. there are several underground areas that serve as break rooms and such, but only disney world has the vast network of underground tunnels that connects the entire thing.

i never even thought about people dumping ashes of loved ones there, but it certainly makes sense that people would try.

the FB page i visit recently had a huge discussion about the existence of an underground network of tunnels. the conclusion is that while there is one tunnel, it does not connect to the entire park. there are several underground areas that serve as break rooms and such, but only disney world has the vast network of underground tunnels that connects the entire thing.

i never even thought about people dumping ashes of loved ones there, but it certainly makes sense that people would try.

They give tours of the tunnels in Florida. A little expensive, but we'll worth it.

10. Underground tunnels (doesn't seem to be true)

9. Flash mountain (heard about this one several years ago and that many of the pictures are online)

8. Buried at Disneyland

7. Cat kingdom (never heard about this one)

6. Walt's everlasting presence (thought this one was pretty well known)

5. Forced perspective (first heard about this one years ago - it's a bit of a necessary thing)

4. Working at Disneyland (current cast members openly talk about wearing their uniforms outside of the park - it's not allowed, but it's not really enforced - some talk about how weird it is to see cast members gassing up their car or grocery shopping in uniform)

3. Disney VIP (club 33 is well known - a few of you have probably been there)

2. Hippie invasion (don't remember this one)

1. Basketball court inside the Matterhorn (heard this one many, many years ago)

I have worked at Disneyland for last 25 years. I can't get past the ads on the first page but would be happy to answer any questions that I can about this list. The only one that is not true for sure is about anyone being buried at the park. No one is buried at the park. There is no real tunnel "system" there is a short tunnel that goes from lower hungry bear to the backstage area behind the pooh attraction. There is also a tunnel that starts behind Innoventions and comes out on the Matterhorn side of Buzz Lightyear. There are tunnels for guests to play in on Tom Sawyers Island. There are a couple of basement hallways as well but there is no elaborate system.

I have worked at Disneyland for last 25 years. I can't get past the ads on the first page but would be happy to answer any questions that I can about this list. The only one that is not true for sure is about anyone being buried at the park. No one is buried at the park. There is no real tunnel "system" there is a short tunnel that goes from lower hungry bear to the backstage area behind the pooh attraction. There is also a tunnel that starts behind Innoventions and comes out on the Matterhorn side of Buzz Lightyear. There are tunnels for guests to play in on Tom Sawyers Island. There are a couple of basement hallways as well but there is no elaborate system.

The buried at the park thing refers to people spreading ashes at the park of loved ones. I know this happened a few years ago on Pirates of the Caribbean and wouldn't surprise me if it's happened prior to that also. I'm sure a lot of it probably isn't noticed.