• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade idea

I keep on saying cowgill needs to be given a chance...he's by far a more aggressive player than shuck and that other guy who can't catch a baseball Bosch...we don't need another 40 year old.

Yeah, I want more COWGILL. Over Shuck and Boesch. 

Cowgill is a perfect platoon candidate to only hit lefties.  He's characteristically pretty bat vs. rhers.

Granted, right now we have three 4th/5th ofers and two of them are starting on any given day.  We have to be realistic about the level of production we are going to get from these guys.  At the same time, you have to pick the hot hand.  It's really a no win situation.  My only gripe is that you have a 27yo guy in the minors who has done very well and never been given a shot.  Instead you put a couple of retreads out there.  I just don't get that.  

I'd love to have Ichiro on the team.  About 5 years ago.  The biggest issue would be his $6.5 million salary, and what compensation the Yanks get.  Of course the Yanks owe us for Wells.  So if they cover $5.5 million of it, and take someone like Wall, then it might be worth a flyer.  

I would do it just to send Wall to the Yanks

Obviously it depends on cost of players and contract. I would take him because he would be a better fourth outfielder than Shuck. He could also pinch run, pinch hit. He still has a great arm, so if we had him tonight he could play right instead of Shucks average arm out there. He would be a more versatile version of Ibanez.

This team doesn't need another player past his prime.

It needs long term quality pitchers. The offense is great when healthy.

Edited by failos

How about Ben Zobrist? He has one year left on his contract, so the Rays would like to get something for him.

He can play OF until Hamilton/Calhoun get back, and by that time we should have a better idea of what Freeze is going to be. Zobrist can play 3B. If Freeze is lighting it up by then, he can become a super utility guy, or put him at 2B and try to deal Kendrick.

Even if it's only a random lottery ticket prospect and some cash, why do it?

Ichiro can't really hit anymore, so his only uses at this point are pinch-runner and defensive replacement. Those guys aren't hard to find for absolutely nothing.

Edited by jshep