• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Voting for TV broadcasters underway...

I can't even bring myself to not use a derogatory nickname to describe the color announcer for the Angels, so, in deference to the new rules here, I will refer to him as "he who shall not be named".

"He who shall not be named" is the weak link in the broadcast booth every game. Has he gotten better? Possibly, but I wouldn't know simply because no matter how much he has improved he remains one of the, if not the single worst, color announcers I've heard. One nice thing about being out here in Las Vegas is that we get to listen to announcers from all over the country, some good, some bad, and "He who shall not be named" is consistently bad by comparison. Easily the worst color announcer of the choices listed for the AL West.

Tim Salmon is still getting some experience under his belt, but already is much better than "He who shall not be named".

Victor Rojas, on the otherhand, is easily the best of the bunch on that list. Clear, concise, just enough homer to allow him to get excited for the Angels and disappointed and frustrated when things go the opposition's way, but objective enough to give credit to the other team when applicable and criticize the Angels when necessary.

The Angels could vastly improve their broadcast team standing by eliminating but a single individual from the booth.

My key to the post is "Out of Touch" by Daryl Hall and John Oates. Why? I don't know, but I'll make up some absolutely random, barely passable excuse as to why I'm referencing 30 year old songs thinking I'm hip in order to defend the fact that I haven't been able to relate to any music produced since. Heck even the Grateful Dead produced more contemporary music than what "He who shall not be named" references on a nightly basis.

I learned that the A's have an analyst named Shooty Babbitt. To hear Mota pronounce that name every night would be pretty awesome.

Shooty is pretty cool..he's supposed to do a few games later this season...I like Fosse most of the time.

For the whole league..I'd vote for Jon Miller every year.

Shooty is pretty cool..he's supposed to do a few games later this season...I like Fosse most of the time.

For the whole league..I'd vote for Jon Miller every year.

Fosse has had a few blatant mistakes in this series alone..but like you say, most of the time he is pretty darn good.

He is SO much better than Gubi, I don't know how Gubi stays in the booth. I'd take Langston over him any day.

Gubi is so bad that I thank heaven all the time for MLB.tv just to get away from him.

Shooty mostly does the post game on CSNBA, if I'm correct.

I'm afraid every funny, dry-humor joke from Rojas would fly right over Hud's head.

Yeah, Victor's dry sense of humor really needs a bit of a goofball to be on the taking end.  The difference is that Gubi seems very self-aware, whereas Hud is a genuine spaz.