• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Free Conger

rageous

Ianetta's defense hasn't been half bad this year (sans the past ball a few nights ago). Defensively he's earned it but we might as well DH for him and let the pitcher hit.

I despise his pitch calling. 

Conger blocked the ball well today, and CJ had like 6 or 7 k's looking.  That has to have something to do with Hank. 

I don't mind Ianetta vs. LHers.  He actually hits them pretty well, but Conger should be getting the lion's share of the starts at this point.  He seems to have a good feel with CJ, and I'd bet he'd be ok with Santiago.  Both guys that have control issues could use the better framer. 

Conger should (and likely would with any other manager) be in there every game.  They are both average defensively, but Iannetta is an out walking to the plate.  Conger has much more upside, is younger, and can hit for power.  Stick Iannetta in there against LHP if you must (career .266), but he should ride the pine against all RHP. 

I despise his pitch calling.

Conger blocked the ball well today, and CJ had like 6 or 7 k's looking. That has to have something to do with Hank.

I don't mind Ianetta vs. LHers. He actually hits them pretty well, but Conger should be getting the lion's share of the starts at this point. He seems to have a good feel with CJ, and I'd bet he'd be ok with Santiago. Both guys that have control issues could use the better framer.

Maybe so. But let's keep in mind Ianetta has thrown out half of would be base stealers this year (small sample size I know). That's pretty f'in good

Conger should (and likely would with any other manager) be in there every game.  They are both average defensively, but Iannetta is an out walking to the plate.  Conger has much more upside, is younger, and can hit for power.  Stick Iannetta in there against LHP if you must (career .266), but he should ride the pine against all RHP. 

Iannetta made outs less frequently than every player on the Angels roster in 2013 other than Mike Trout.

Offensively, they were both decent last year, and both could be a bit better.  Iannetta finished strong after getting contacts.  Conger still hasn't had that many major league at bats.  They both could be worse, too.  I'd gladly take last year's production again.  

I'm a bit surprised Iannetta has played so much this early... maybe they want to get that bat going like it was in September and March.  The playing time will probably be a similar to last year's split barring big changes in production.  

Conger played a lot last year and I am pretty sure he will play a lot this year. I do know this, there is a reason why most of those guys are playing over others.

You guys did notice I said most.

Great point, we should never give any of our young players a chance because of Casey Kotchman and Brandon ****ing Wood.

I heard the same thing about Wood. In fact I remember one poster saying Sosh should be slapped for playing Aybar over him. Maybe you guys could be wrong? It has happened before.

Conger should (and likely would with any other manager) be in there every game. They are both average defensively, but Iannetta is an out walking to the plate. Conger has much more upside, is younger, and can hit for power. Stick Iannetta in there against LHP if you must (career .266), but he should ride the pine against all RHP.

I actually do not remember that. Trout was advanced unusually quick. The only time people questioned if he should be up in the majors is the one April month before he was actually called up. And then he was sent to A AA because he was sick during spring training.

I heard the same thing about Trout.

Iannetta was much better offensively for the final two months of 2013 and had a very good spring.

Scioscia gave him a little rope to see if he could play every day. Just when it seemed that rope might be running out, he had a couple decent games on Friday and Saturday.

Think Iannetta gets a little more rope before it becomes a platoon again.

It's going to be fluid all year.

What I've learned in this thread: Don't play young get players because they'll all turn into Casey Kotchman or Brandon Wood.

As far as Conger playing more, I think that's the right way to go. It should be close to an even split. I like Iannetta's OBP but Conger is the superior pitch framer and defender.

And thank God they did hold him back for a month because we got another year of club control.

In hindsight they wouldn't have made the Vernon wells trade if they thought trout was ready. So anyways with Ianettas early struggle it should be at least 50 50 platoon between the catchers.

In hindsight they wouldn't have made the Vernon wells trade if they thought trout was ready. So anyways with Ianettas early struggle it should be at least 50 50 platoon between the catchers.

No Vernon Wells trade would have been amazing. Mike Napoli at full time 1B would have eliminated the need to sign Albert Pujols as well. The Angels would have actaully dodged *two* massive bullets.