• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Chopped Thread

Anyone watch the episodes this week?  The All Stars thing seems pretty cool.  I am looking forward to seeing some of the Chopped judges on there.

The episode last night was "viewers choice" where the viewers picked the basket ingredients.  They were totally brutal baskets.  At first it was cool but it got old fast.  All the chefs struggled a lot.

I've watched a few of the All Star ones with the judges competing. They bring it.

Viewer's choice was interesting. Hot dog bun sushi roll for dessert.... That guy was kind of a tool.

This show would be so much better if you could actually buy the ingredients at your local grocery store. But get serious the basket has fruit loops, goat balls, cheese made from mouse milk and kale roots. The dessert round starts now! Give me a gnikcuf break. And then every chef has a sad tragic story about why they are trying to win the money and tell how they have a life long dream of being chopped champion. It is an insult to my clearly superior intellect. I know if I cooked from the basket my food would be edible.

If you notice most of the guys are rotund as well as and not models for GQ. The job is intensely difficult, sweaty, greasy and is not something that you wear makeup and heels for unless you are Mancini. Even the women judges are not what I would call attractive and their attitudes for the most part is angry and insulting to the competitors.

You have to have a thick skin and be assertive as hell to be an executive chef. The pay is not that impressive at $35 - $85K working 12-16 hour days 6 days a week. So most smart, attractive women with engaging personalities are not thinking a career like this is going to fund their desire to vacation on a private yacht in the Mediterranian or do more than window shop on Beverly Drive.

All of the women have been pretty manly lately

I thought cooking was a women's job? What's with all the guys and masculine women?

Speaking of...

If you notice most of the guys are rotund as well as and not models for GQ. The job is intensely difficult, sweaty, greasy and is not something that you wear makeup and heels for unless you are Mancini. Even the women judges are not what I would call attractive and their attitudes for the most part is angry and insulting to the competitors.

You have to have a thick skin and be assertive as hell to be an executive chef. The pay is not that impressive at $35 - $85K working 12-16 hour days 6 days a week. So most smart, attractive women with engaging personalities are not thinking a career like this is going to fund their desire to vacation on a private yacht in the Mediterranian or do more than window shop on Beverly Drive.

It's so gross when they're sweating like crazy over the food!

I think Amanda Freitag is ok but the other two female judges (Gournacheli and Chohan) are pretty bitchy.

I was glad the short guy won, us short guys have to stick together.  They all were really cool competitors.

I was hoping the other finalist was gonna win.  I liked how he went out side of the box with his last dish big time, I thought that was going to give him the edge.

One of the last episodes I watched the contestants had to use durian. This is supposed to be one of the most foul tasting/smelling fruits on the planet. Andrew Zimmern(Bizarre Foods) can't even stomach it and I've literally seen him eat at a penis buffet on his show.

For these judges, I'd like to have a meal at each of their restaurants just to see how good they really are.

Marcus Samuelson is the judge I really don't like. He is way too harsh.

I like Freitag and Guarnaschelli.