• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

17 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I think guns are necessary at times but it sure seems like these days police are shooting first and asking questions later.  Once its done, one person is dead.  There is no going back from that.

There are officers who just really suck at threat assessment. If this is demonstrated during lower levels of force incidents then these officers should be weeded out before something like this happens

18 minutes ago, nate said:

This is all according to the girlfriend fwiw.  She didn't start recording until after he was shot.

I've read enough police reports after shooting citizens the last few years - before video evidence comes out.

The fairy tales written on those police reports would make Lewis Carroll blush.  I'll take the girlfriend's word over a cop report seven days a week.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I've read enough police reports after shooting citizens the last few years - before video evidence comes out.

The fairy tales written on those police reports would make Lewis Carroll blush.  I'll take the girlfriend's word over a cop report seven days a week.

That's a bit much but I think the cop is in trouble on this one. Just listen to the sound of his voice in the video. It sounds like he knows he just screwed up pretty badly. 

If you listen to the cop's voice, it sounds like sheer panic. Yeah it might be shock or adrenaline rush from having just someone but the way he is explaining himself to whoever as the girl is taping just sounds sketchy. 

Not to mention there is a child in the back seat. Makes this bad situation worse.

3 minutes ago, nate said:

That is the thing that really stands out to me, he shoots the dude with two other people in the car.  How is that allowed?

I'm fine with that if someone legitimately pulls a gun out. Cop or other people shouldn't die just because there are other occupants in the car. I don't think that was the case here though.

3 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Exhibit A:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/04/07/3644189/everything-police-said-walter-scotts-death-video-showed-really-happened/

The Minnesota shooting sounds very bad.

Man is pulled over for a broken tail light and informs cop he has a pistol on him because he's licensed to carry. Cop opens fire on man and shoots him four times.

The man did the right thing and the cop immediately opened fire. Totally wrong.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

The Minnesota shooting sounds very bad.

Man is pulled over for a broken tail light and informs cop he has a pistol on him because he's licensed to carry. Cop opens fire on man and shoots him four times.

The man did the right thing and the cop immediately opened fire. Totally wrong.

You have to wonder what the protocol is when police pull over someone who is licensed to carry and then Informs them they're carrying, and then you have to wonder why this officer didn't follow it. I'm guessing the Minnesota state treasurer is going to be writing a very large check in the very near future.

Two officers shot in Dallas..when Fox was covering it, it appeared that both officers were down and not moving. Dallas PD in negotiations with a suspect right now to turn himself in. I hope he turns himself violently and they put a bullet in his fucking head.

Sorry, that was the irrational me.

Very sad indeed. Not every cop is bad and these two officers may have paid the ultimate price while supervising an extremely peaceful rally.

This sounds horrible on its face. My heart goes out to the guy's family, particularly the child in the car. Black people shouldn't have to fear the cops just because they are black.

That being said, this is a single incident. When something like this happens, it is front page news and suggests a bigger problem than exists in reality. What is not reported are the tens of thousands of interactions every week among white cops and black citizens that take place without incident. 

Further, you won't hear a word about the hundreds of black men who will shoot and kill one another over the course of the next month.

But a white cop did this, so all cops must be horrible.

Some reports coming in from Dallas that as many as six officers are "gravely wounded". Other reports say only two. Baylor Hospital is reportedly prepping for more victims.

One shooter may be down and one apprehended.

Reports are not consistent, as they tend to be in a developing situation.