• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

9th Circuit strikes down restrictive concealed-carry laws in California

Huge victory for 2nd Amendment advocates.

A person in California does not have to jump through hoops anymore to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon. He/she simply needs to state that they want to defend themselves, and show good moral character. Big surprise, coming from the liberal 9th Circuit.

http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_25134832/?source=redbar

I'm definitely on board with the 2nd amendment but in my mind the idea that you want to carry a concealed weapon says more about your moral character than anything that can be found in a background check. And I see no reason to ask permission. It's either legal or it's not.

This idea is in-line with the ideal of the 2nd Amendment, but I think there needs to be check-and-balances in this day and age.  Allowing everyone to carry anything is a recipe for disaster that would set us back to Old West times.

There are many points to ponder, when someone has to draw their legally-carried weapon for self-defense.  First and foremost is that we have given citizens power to Police us.  When these Officers arrive, will they be able to distinguish the good-guy from the bad?

That said, I'm still shocked at this ruling from the 9th Circus.  It's a step in the right direction, but I believe this is going to a higher court.

This idea is in-line with the ideal of the 2nd Amendment, but I think there needs to be check-and-balances in this day and age. Allowing everyone to carry anything is a recipe for disaster that would set us back to Old West times.

There are many points to ponder, when someone has to draw their legally-carried weapon for self-defense. First and foremost is that we have given citizens power to Police us. When these Officers arrive, will they be able to distinguish the good-guy from the bad?

That said, I'm still shocked at this ruling from the 9th Circus. It's a step in the right direction, but I believe this is going to a higher court.