• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread

Thomas

USA and Canada possible semi-finals game. Bummer we don't get a Gold Medal Game rematch up it should be fun nonetheless if both teams get there! 

USA takes on the winner of the Czech/Slovakia in the quarter finals as the #2 seed. Sweden 1, USA 2, Canada 3, Finland 4.

CanadianHalo is right. Canada isn't going to get this lucky against the top teams again. Also, Doughty can't keep scoring at this pace :P hah.

I mentioned Billy Miller above -- obviously it's RYAN MILLER of the Sabres......oh well.

I stand corrected......not the first time, not the last.......

CORY -- yeah the net was off in the USA-Russia game -- the initial comment from the commentators was it was a high stick - later it was determined that the net was dis-lodged -- but not by much.......I quite honestly expected a lot more griping from the Russians about it.......perhaps we could put three or four more seconds on the clock for them -- for old times sake.........

wow -- am watching the re-play of the USA-Russia game and that 'dis-lodging of the net' call that wiped out Russia's potential game winning goal was really ticky tack (to use an old Chick Hearn expression).  Looked like Quick himself dis-lodged the net with his foot......no Russian player was anywhere close to the net before or after the 'non' goal.

Wow. International rules makes any dislodging of the net an automatic disqualifier of the goal scored.

In the NHL, that Russian goal would have been counted and not called off.

Geez.  Perhaps this is pay-back for those seconds put back on the clock in that basketball game a few years back.

OUCH. Tough way to lose a game.

USA!! USA!!

wow -- am watching the re-play of the USA-Russia game and that 'dis-lodging of the net' call that wiped out Russia's potential game winning goal was really ticky tack (to use an old Chick Hearn expression). Looked like Quick himself dis-lodged the net with his foot......no Russian player was anywhere close to the net before or after the 'non' goal.

Wow. International rules makes any dislodging of the net an automatic disqualifier of the goal scored.

In the NHL, that Russian goal would have been counted and not called off.

Geez. Perhaps this is pay-back for those seconds put back on the clock in that basketball game a few years back.

OUCH. Tough way to lose a game.

USA!! USA!!

Goalies do this all the time. That post was coming off the peg in other games too. Any chance Quick has to give that post a good push on a PP he's going to do it. I would like to see that rule changed though, that puck would've gone in either way. Edited by CanadianHalo

Wouldn't expect you to understand much about hockey but there's a difference between teams like Austria and Russia. The way Canada has been scoring isn't going to work against the good teams. They've gotten by on controlling the puck and just taking a shit ton of shots every game. They're not going to be able to possess the puck for 45 minutes a game against teams like Sweden, Russia and even the US. They need to start scoring "scorers goals". They have 1 goal against Finland after 2 and I can't say I'm surprised.

I think you just got Canadian'ed, Tank.

I see I've upset the peanut gallery, I apologize guys. Tank, called me out on something, that i didn't think needed an explanation.

Anyway... Czech Republic beat the Slovaks 5-3 setting up a Czech, US match up.

Latvia beat the Swiss, setting up there quarterfinal match up against the Canadians.

Finland, Russia should be a good one. Russia has been too worried about making that extra pass it seems all tourney. So much fire power and so little to show for it.

Tavares is out for the rest of the Olympics. This team can't score. Ill be shocked if they beat the USA. Hopefully playing the USA fires them up enough to get going. Haven't really played anyone worth getting up for yet. You could argue Finland but they were still going to be fine win or lose.