• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread

Thomas

Well playing Duchene is a step in the right direction. There's no reason for him to be sitting up in the box. Same goes for Subban over Hamuis. Rather see Sharp out there instead of Kunitz or Carter too. Give the best player in the world someone that can score.

Ill be getting up early tomorrow to watch the US and Russia.

One of the best games I've ever watched. Felt like the Gold Medal game and its only pool play! Oshie is a ****ing rockstar! The Blues come to Anaheim on their 1st game back from the break. Definitely gotta go and give Oshie some props. Also, HUGE sign of respect seeing both teams shake hands at the end of the game. Shocked that Brown and Quick were in the handshake line lol. I kid.. 

was able to see the third period of the USA - Russia game.

great stuff.

expect some additional 'controversy' over the 'high stick' goal called back that would have given the Russians a 3 to 2 lead in the third and probable win.

Oshie was incredible.....I know they beat us this year, but last season, it seemed as if we owned the St. Louis Blues -- how's that possible with Oshie on their roster?

Jonathan Quick did a great job in goal -- kind of surprised he's getting the nod over Bill Miller, a US star from the Vancouver Olympic games.......but Quick came up HUGE for the U.S.A. today.

I was really concerned when we didn't END it after about the third or fourth shootout where we had the lead and I was convinced when as the 'ROAD" team we at least TWICE were up against it, down in the shootout and HAD TO MAKE THE GOAL to stay alive.........Oshie came through.

Still, however, I wish they would adopt the Stanley Cup Final rules and NOT have shootouts decide the Olympic competition.......let's go back to straight sudden death OT's - as many as it takes to get a winner.

I agree with the prior comments -- that they are not 'advertising' or 'listing' the live broadcast dates for much of the competition -- especially the hockey games which is probably the favorite event of folks posting here..........I came upon the game almost by accident hearing a radio report that the game was tied going into the third period -- I switched on the TV to catch the final period. Glad I did.

was able to see the third period of the USA - Russia game.

great stuff.

expect some additional 'controversy' over the 'high stick' goal called back that would have given the Russians a 3 to 2 lead in the third and probable win.

Oshie was incredible.....I know they beat us this year, but last season, it seemed as if we owned the St. Louis Blues -- how's that possible with Oshie on their roster?

Jonathan Quick did a great job in goal -- kind of surprised he's getting the nod over Bill Miller, a US star from the Vancouver Olympic games.......but Quick came up HUGE for the U.S.A. today.

I was really concerned when we didn't END it after about the third or fourth shootout where we had the lead and I was convinced when as the 'ROAD" team we at least TWICE were up against it, down in the shootout and HAD TO MAKE THE GOAL to stay alive.........Oshie came through.

Still, however, I wish they would adopt the Stanley Cup Final rules and NOT have shootouts decide the Olympic competition.......let's go back to straight sudden death OT's - as many as it takes to get a winner.

I agree with the prior comments -- that they are not 'advertising' or 'listing' the live broadcast dates for much of the competition -- especially the hockey games which is probably the favorite event of folks posting here..........I came upon the game almost by accident hearing a radio report that the game was tied going into the third period -- I switched on the TV to catch the final period. Glad I did.

The goal was over turned because the net was off. Not by much but it was off.

Here's your guys' LA/Ana update after 2 periods.

Doughty scored on a softy from the point in the first. Carter added 3 of the easiest goals you could score. Perry did a great job to knock a pass out of the air and drop it back to Weber who showed off his cannon for the second straight day. Perry then shot it right into the glove on a penalty shot. And Getzlaf scored a decently nice goal, toey to back hand.

So they need to score more dramatically in order for you to be satisfied?

Dvr'd the US-Russia game and watched it tonight. Epic. Kudos to Quick for great play and pointing out the goal bring off.

My buddy is a huge St. Louis fan and loves Oshie. He's in china these days so I hope he got to watch the shoot out. Oshie would be a bigger NHL star if he were a bigger goal scorer. He's always had insane talent but just never put up big amounts of points. He deserves a big thanks.

Brown was benched for the rest of the game after that costly penalty that allowed Russia to tie it up late in the third. He's got to stop the stupid stuff.

US rolls through Slovenia and earns a 1st round bye. Phil Kessel with a natural hat trick in the win. Ryan Miller started in place of Jonathan Quick and earned the win. This team is amazing to watch right now. They're incredibly impressive. Not saying anything right now, but damn. Our chances are looking good.

Any news on Kopitar? He didn't play in the 3rd. Sucks for Kings fans if he's hurt.

I'm watching nervously to see if Olli Maatta returns for Finland in the second. Took a stick blade to the eye area from Rick Trash. With Letang probably out for the year, Maatta has become quite important for my Penguins.

Yeah, Tank, the one downside to using "our guys" in the olympics.

Maatta came back, probably just got a little maintenance during the intermission. Kunitz promptly knocked him on his wallet, then bullrushed him near the net later in the same shift. I guess I'm more worried about the Penguins than other Penguins are.

So they need to score more dramatically in order for you to be satisfied?

Wouldn't expect you to understand much about hockey but there's a difference between teams like Austria and Russia. The way Canada has been scoring isn't going to work against the good teams. They've gotten by on controlling the puck and just taking a shit ton of shots every game. They're not going to be able to possess the puck for 45 minutes a game against teams like Sweden, Russia and even the US. They need to start scoring "scorers goals". They have 1 goal against Finland after 2 and I can't say I'm surprised.