• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

BART officer shot and killed by friendly fire

I wonder how trained a BART officer is in searching houses.  Well, judging from the outcome, probably not very well.  My other question is why is a BART officer searching a residence.  You would think that would be crossing jurisdictions over into the regular PD.  

How trained are the Torrance police?

They are shooting at white surfer dudes when spooked out of their panties about Chris Dorner.

And then resolved of all responsibility.

I wonder how trained a BART officer is in searching houses. Well, judging from the outcome, probably not very well. My other question is why is a BART officer searching a residence. You would think that would be crossing jurisdictions over into the regular PD.

It's a legitimate police force. They receive the same basic training as every other force. It wasn't a drug bust. They didn't need SWAT tactics. Clearly one of them got a little jumpy, though.

I'll enlighten the keyboard warriors on here who just look for an excuse to bad mouth police.

BART officers have jurisdiction statewide. They will serve warrants and do more than just act as security guards. They are Sworn Peace Officers. While details are still coming out, it sounds like this was a joint effort with dublin pd and they came across an open door on a house of a suspect already in custody. 

I find it disgusting for those on here to be mocking and degrading a man who lost his life just doing his job protecting the public. BART officers work some of the most dangerous areas in the state. Anyone who has actually made a trip at night will know this to be true.  

I find it disgusting for those on here to be mocking and degrading a man who lost his life just doing his job protecting the public.

This literally never happened. Not in this thread, at least. Not sure where you saw people mocking him.

Also, BART really isn't that dangerous. Certainly the BART police have a hand in making that the case but as someone who rode BART everyday for years I can assure you it's anything but scary to people who are daily riders. Only people who ride it sporadically get scared. Practically nothing happens on BART. I'd see maybe one argument a month and in all my years I've only seen one fight. And it was broken up by fellow BART riders.

Edited by HaloMagic

The door was ajar so they probably thought someone else might be in there. 

It was?

The officers began their search by knocking twice on the door. Each knock went unanswered, but the door was unlocked, so several of them stepped inside, Nelson said.

Sounds to me like they opened the door and entered the house without a warrant. Who the hell in East Bay leaves their front door open?

It was?

The officers began their search by knocking twice on the door. Each knock went unanswered, but the door was unlocked, so several of them stepped inside, Nelson said.

Sounds to me like they opened the door and entered the house without a warrant. Who the hell in East Bay leaves their front door open?

The East Bay is loaded with extremely nice and completely safe neighborhoods. Dublin is one of them.

Possibly. We don't have the facts. The could have been given permission by the suspect. Or they could have believe a crime was in progress. We really don't know what happened. Hard to make the claim that they shouldn't have been inside without knowing what happened.

Also, an open front door isn't an invitation to come in.

Edited by HaloMagic

That's the point. I highly doubt the dude's front door was wide open. Unless the BART cops had a warrant there was no reason for them to be in the house in the first place.

The suspect was already in custody for a probation violation. The police didn't need a warrant. They can go in anytime they want.

But why send EIGHT officers into a tiny one-bedroom apartment with guns drawn?? I don't get that part of the story.

BART officers were involved since the suspect stole items and was driving a stolen vehicle while on BART property. The BART officer was in the apartment confiscating a laptop and other stolen items. He was there lawfully and with good reason.

But the bigger picture is why was anyone shot that obviously didn't pose a threat. I read the BART detective was in plain clothes when he was killed so this really could have happened to anyone. It looks like they Bay Area lost a really good cop. The officer's wife is head of the BART K-9 unit and also has 2 brothers in Bay Area law enforcement. I've been critical of police activity, but this one is a heart breaker.