• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014 PGA Golf

looks like i put the kiss of death on spieth. kid is ridiculously talented and will win an awful lot over the years, including a few majors.

bubba was nails today, and that two shot deficit didn't phase him. kudos to him for hanging tough and winning in a big way. when he nailed that clutch par putt on 17, his fist pump said it all and he knew he'd won. i like that he isn't afraid to show his emotion when wins, either.

all those confederates running augusta must have been thrilled to see a guy named bubba win again.

The best part of the tourney was after bubba hit his drive on 13. He was way jacked up and pumped and had that mad look in his eyes. Then after about ten seconds he realized what he had just done and just smirked.

I love it when athletes are competing at the top of their game and they become aware of their feats that even they are amazed at how good they are.

“Learning to be a good dad, learning to be a better husband, it takes time on you, it takes energy,” Watson said. “And then learning how to refocus, repractice, get back to the level that I think I should be at ... top-25 player in the world. Not going to say top-five player in the world. Sorry, Patrick Reed.”

“Learning to be a good dad, learning to be a better husband, it takes time on you, it takes energy,” Watson said. “And then learning how to refocus, repractice, get back to the level that I think I should be at ... top-25 player in the world. Not going to say top-five player in the world. Sorry, Patrick Reed.”

Haha. That's awesome. Love it.

My earliest recollections of golf were watching the CBS Golf Classic on Saturdays in the winter of 1966.   It was a competition taped at Firestone CC back in Autumn 1965 (iirc).    Two man teams vied for the championship at the end of the competition over something like 2-3 months.    Neither Arnie nor Jack were part of it, but I got to watch guys like Chi Chi Rodriguez, Bob Charles, Gene Littler, Tom Weiskopf, Bruce Devlin, etc. 

I also watched Shell's Wonderful World of Golf in 1966, where two golfers faced each other over 18 holes at venues around the world, with Jimmy Demeret as one of the hosts on NBC.    Speaking of which, that is still one of my favorite Lucy episodes with Jimmy Demeret, where Ricky and Fred made up golf rules so that Lucy and Ethel wouldn't want to play golf with them again.

And of course, I remember all too well Arnie's 64th-72nd holes collapse at the 1966 U.S. Open at Olympia CC in S.F.   As a kid, I was crestfallen when all 7 shots of that lead over Billy Casper were gone.

Edited by Angel Oracle

And of course, I remember all too well Arnie's 64th-72nd holes collapse at the 1966 U.S. Open at Olympia CC in S.F.   As a kid, I was crestfallen when all 7 shots of that lead over Billy Casper were gone.

AO if you are a reader you need to read: The Big Three and Me

http://www.amazon.com/The-Big-Three-Billy-Casper/dp/1585716286/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397504204&sr=8-1&keywords=me+and+the+big+three

Just a great read and really interesting on how the promoters and money really got into golf.

If you ever get a chance make sure to find the Feherty show where he interviewed Billy Casper.  That one and the Tom Watson interview are easily the two best shows that he has done.

Casper is one of the good guys. 

Edited by Stevestevens

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/apr/14/hack-golf-cup-king-bishop-taylormade/

The centerpiece of Hack Golf is the 15-inch cup -- nearly four times larger than the standard 4¼-inch standard -- which its supporters believe will get more people playing, and then keep them in the game because it’s easier and takes less time.

bishop_2_r620x349.jpg?75d51d0aea2efce518

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/apr/14/hack-golf-cup-king-bishop-taylormade/

The centerpiece of Hack Golf is the 15-inch cup -- nearly four times larger than the standard 4¼-inch standard -- which its supporters believe will get more people playing, and then keep them in the game because it’s easier and takes less time.

bishop_2_r620x349.jpg?75d51d0aea2efce518

I didn't know stickboy owned a sweater vest. You look nice, buddy.

Too bad bigger cups can't help people's short games.

Tank, agreed on the Feherty shows. The Daly one was solid and I think my favorite is the McDowell one.

rick reilly wrote a book about golf, and the first chapter was about john daly. it was . . . enlightening, and not necessarily in a good way.

imagine the career he could have had if daly wasn't an addict, or whatever it is that drives him. i always loved his short game more than his driving. he had a great, soft touch around the greens.