• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Let us ALL be realistic!

edgur1995

this team has almost no depth if things stay as is.  Sure, the top 5 could end up all panning out and pitching well.  Seems quite the stretch that 3 guys that haven't consistently ever been in a rotation for a full season would all make a full seasons worth of starts. 

Currently our depth is Shoemaker, Volstad, Roth, Blanton, and maybe Sappington by mid season.  That seems pretty light.  This team is two starters away from having legitimate depth.  One starter away from having pretty decent depth although not great.  And if everything stays as is, they have very little. 

Last year's depth was Williams, Richards, Enright, Roth and Buckner.  Not much different than our current depth if we don't get anyone else.  I know we will, but depending on the quality, we may want to get two. 

Still also concerned about the pen.  Yes, they are probably now league average, but I am just not comfortable with that.  I think there is a much better chance that we have a few guys that could step up vs. really not having much talent the last 3 years otherwise. 

Still got a fair amount of work to do, but there is still time.

Sign Hammel/ Malhom then sign Yoon for starter depth and pen then add the stud pen guy Grant Balfour and call this a wrap.