• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN on Hockey in CA

nate

The video froze, but talk about late to the party. We have always churned out good players. I used to play with quite a few dudes that went from travel leagues to the minors or got scholarships for hockey....which 10 years ago seemed unheard of, but actually was consistent.

We've had a lot of guys always do well here and go on to bigger things.

Weird they are just recognizing it now. It used to be a big thing we churned them out without being in a snow climate.

It's not Minnesota or Boston, but we have always had our share of talent. And just because my teammates went to play for Maine or North Dakota doesn't mean they weren't grown and prepped here.

But I don't get the article anyway. The video talks about the talent pool, that has always been here but is getting noticed, but the article just talks about all three teams doing well.

For casual fans, they'll probably see more Californians and think it's cool, but those that grew up playing out here this was already a known fact. I also noticed hockey parents are among the most supportive and involved of any sport I did.

I played hockey until I was 20, I know the scene.

Living in WI I can tell you it isn't even in the same universe as out here.  Out here hockey is life, everyone plays hockey when they get older.  There are several junior leagues.  Like football in CA there are prep leagues of every level.

In Canada it is 10x what it is here.

I'm well aware, I was on a travel team and Detroit is still the gnarliest place I've played....if you accidentally chunked the ice with your skate people seriously got pissed. But it's a moot point, it has nothing to do with the development of kids in CA. If anything, what you present is more of a statement to the development out here that doesn't have this hockey is life mentality for kids. 

Reminds me of soccer where the article isn't a big deal to me and I feel like everyone has simply been behind the whole time and is just now catching up.

• 2 weeks later...