• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Mark Trumbo Trade Chatter (DEAL DONE)

Trading Trumbo's a huge mistake, 30 home run/100 RBI guys don't grow on trees.  Trumbo's a hometown guy too and would have stayed here.  This has been one of the most poorly run big budget organizations in baseball in the last few years.

Besides being able to hit a lot of home runs, what else does Trumbo do well? 

Waiting...

Trading Trumbo's a huge mistake, 30 home run/100 RBI guys don't grow on trees.  Trumbo's a hometown guy too and would have stayed here.  This has been one of the most poorly run big budget organizations in baseball in the last few years.

Although I very much agree with you in regards to us being one of the most poorly ran organizations in baseball for the past 3-4 years, I can not disagree with you more. Trumbo's value is not very high, and when you factor in our need for pitching, and not only pitching..but young, cost controlled pitching (4 years and 6 years is what we're getting for these two youngsters), this trade is a steal.

I'm starting to hate that Morales trade more and more. If we move Trumbo he could have been our DH/1B, but instead we traded him for Vargas (a 1yr rental).

Right, but if you notice, K-Mo is also a free agent, so we'd still have the same dilemma, as it's pretty obvious we're not going after him now.

Edited by Mark68

Although I very much agree with you in regards to us being one of the most poorly ran organizations in baseball for the past 3-4 years, I can not disagree with you more. Trumbo's value is not very high, and when you factor in our need for pitching, and not only pitching..but young, cost controlled pitching (4 years and 6 years is what we're getting for these two youngsters), this trade is a steal.

Trumbo is an asset. Has higher value than most thought. Taking advantage of this is what good organizations do.

Edited by Hubs

Bourjos and Trumbo were my favorite players on this team and now they're gone. We need pitching though, so I can't really criticize. I still think it's a desperate move.

Edited by failos