• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Ideal Angel Team right now.

edgur1995

JB is not as bad as you guys make him seem. His an okay player. At this point ok should be fine with us as we desperately need pitchers. But Calhoun is fine as well. Idk that decision is up to the coaching staff. Its a tough one.

He's a 5th OFer.  If you can get a decent prospect for him, he's pretty easily replaceable imo.  If they plan on him being a DH if Trumbo is traded then that's not good for the team.  Trading Trumbo or Bourjos for a starter was a luxury because there wasn't a spot for both them.  Trading both of them so that Shuck get's a starting gig then it defeats the purpose. 

He's a 5th OFer. If you can get a decent prospect for him, he's pretty easily replaceable imo. If they plan on him being a DH if Trumbo is traded then that's not good for the team. Trading Trumbo or Bourjos for a starter was a luxury because there wasn't a spot for both them. Trading both of them so that Shuck get's a starting gig then it defeats the purpose.

Its your opinion that his 5th but to me he can be started. I wouldn't start him as DH. Just because I have a lust on my DH being nothing but a power surge. I think we should trade Trumbo with Calhoun for Tyler Skaggs and Wade Miley ass turn

Around and sign Corey Hart. And then stack the pen. Put Pujols as DH... Start Hart at 1st. Start Shuck in the outfeild. Also Hart can start at outfeild so when the halos visit the NL we can place Hart outfeild Pujols at 1st and have Shuck bench.

"Its your opinion that his 5th but to me he can be started."

Obviously you're entitled to your own opinion but how is he in any way starter material?

Outside of his batting average, he's below average in everything and well below average defensively and in the power department.

One of the bigger issues of trading Bourjos is now Shuck is in line to possibly receive 200-300 PA, which is just too many for a replacement level player.

Its your opinion that his 5th but to me he can be started. I wouldn't start him as DH. Just because I have a lust on my DH being nothing but a power surge. I think we should trade Trumbo with Calhoun for Tyler Skaggs and Wade Miley ass turn

Around and sign Corey Hart. And then stack the pen. Put Pujols as DH... Start Hart at 1st. Start Shuck in the outfeild. Also Hart can start at outfeild so when the halos visit the NL we can place Hart outfeild Pujols at 1st and have Shuck bench.

I guess we are gonna have to agree to disagree on Shuck.  I see a poor defensive corner Ofer with about as little power as I can remember for a major leaguer let alone a corner OFer.  The best he is ever going to do as an everyday player is what he did last year and he was a bees dick above replacement level.  Sure, he can come off the bench and pinch hit, bunt or go first to third on a single. 

Honestly, I think Calhoun might actually have more value on the trade market than Trumbo right now.  If I were a GM, I would want him over Mark.  He's got almost no service time, place very good d (even though he didn't show it last year), has a terrific arm, gets on base, has some decent pop and good speed. 

Also, they are not going to trade three OFers in one offseason, and Pujols is gonna play first if he wants to which I would imagine he does. 

"Its your opinion that his 5th but to me he can be started."

Obviously you're entitled to your own opinion but how is he in any way starter material?

Outside of his batting average, he's below average in everything and well below average defensively and in the power department.

One of the bigger issues of trading Bourjos is now Shuck is in line to possibly receive 200-300 PA, which is just too many for a replacement level player.

Just the sole fact that could get on base and had potential on stealing bases. His average is quiet good and 60 runs in a offense where they didn't live up to their respectful hype. Just imagine the offense clicks on all cylinders! Like I've said cents above I would be happy with Cole or JB. This decision is too narrow and too tight. We can go on for days but the sole fact I have JB starting is because I think Cole should he used as a trading chip with Trumbo for SPs! I'm happy both way though.

His OBP was below the league average and his wOBA was very well below average.

If we trade Calhoun and Trumbo, you're just creating a big hole in the lineup so getting the pitching would be negated.

But see that's where the fun happens. I propose and promote that we trade Trumbo and Calhoun or Shuck for SPs (for example Wade Miley and Tyler Skaggs, we can even see if they would trade us Miguel Montero). Who ever stayed from Calhoun or Shuck would start so now it would be looking like Shuck or Calhoun with Trout and Hamilton. And that's a great outfeild to me while still fixing our #1 hole in pitching and even maybe stretching to fix the catcher spot. You might what about 1st base. We would then have to sign a 1 basemen (as I strongly promote having Pujols at the DH). Maybe signing Corey Hart to to 1st and when were in NL Format we would scramble Hart to outfeild and Pujols to 1st. That has to be ideal.

peak, he was above average. He's probably average at this point. Trumbo isn't.

Sorry to disagree again friend but I think Trumbo ain't a bad defender. I would stick him at 1st for the sole purpose of having Pujols be safe from aggravating his injury and conserving his energy as his a vet. Can very well still play 1st but just to be on the safe side there's still 2015 and beyond to think about not just 2014.

I guess the disconnect for me is saying Shuck OR Calhoun. Trading Shuck would be fine but trading Calhoun would be idiotic.

Calhoun is a much better player. He performed well enough to the point where Bourjos was traded to give him the starting job.

I do love the idea of getting Hart though. I've been proposing that for a while. Hart is a better hitter than Trumbo and they'll both make a similar amount of money.

Shuck has little to zero trade value.

Again, if Shuck is projected to be anything more than a #5 OF this offseason was a failure.

I don't think Shuck is great, but if everything else is fine, I would be ok with Shuck being a fourth outfielder starting twice a week, to start the season. The offseason will not be a failure if we fix the bullpen, make a trade or two to fix the rotation back to at least league average and have Shuck being our fourth outfielder. I guess the way I see it is if we need a fourth outfielder after the season starts it isn't that easy to get a guy like that trough trade. You might even see, if Howie isn't traded, either Howie or Green see some time in the outfield to give guys a day off, that is of course if we see Trumbo traded.

I guess the disconnect for me is saying Shuck OR Calhoun. Trading Shuck would be fine but trading Calhoun would be idiotic.

Calhoun is a much better player. He performed well enough to the point where Bourjos was traded to give him the starting job.

I do love the idea of getting Hart though. I've been proposing that for a while. Hart is a better hitter than Trumbo and they'll both make a similar amount of money.

Yeah I like Hart a lot as well. I traded for him in my fantasy baseball last year. It wasn't successful as he missed all of last year but the guy is a good hitter and I love that fact that he can play 1st and outfeild. I'm just scared that the D-Backs or anyone for that instance would want Trumbo alone.

He shouldn't want much. We should be able to snag him...

I haven't heard anything about the Angels being interested in him, but that could change if Trumbo is traded.

Brewers Making Corey Hart A Priority

By Charlie Wilmoth [December 9 at 12:46pm CST]

12:46pm: The Brewers are making Hart a priority, Berry told Haudricourt. However, Berry notes that there's been interest from other clubs and there will have to a fit for both sides.

7:57am: Free agent first baseman Corey Hart says his agent, Jeff Berry of CAA Sports, is likely to meet with the Brewers this week in Orlando, Tom Haudricourt of the Journal Sentinel writes. Hart, who missed the entire 2013 season and underwent knee surgeries in January and July, is likely to receive an incentive-heavy deal.

Haudricourt notes that the Brewers likely will not want to extend the sort of multi-year deal it would take to acquire James Loney to fill their first base void, and have not shown interest in Michael Morse. The Brewers could involve themselves in trade talks for first basemen like Ike Davis or Lucas Duda of the Mets, or Logan Morrison of the Marlins, but perhaps only as a backup plan if they can't re-sign Hart.

Hart had received interest from the Rockies, Red Sox, Rays and others this offseason, although the Rockies have since agreed to terms with Justin Morneau, and the Red Sox have agreed to re-sign Mike Napoli. The Pirates might be another logical fit. Hart, however, wants to stay in Milwaukee and has said that he would play at a discount in order to stick with the Brewers.

I haven't heard anything about the Angels being interested in him, but that could change if Trumbo is traded.

Brewers Making Corey Hart A Priority

By Charlie Wilmoth [December 9 at 12:46pm CST]

12:46pm: The Brewers are making Hart a priority, Berry told Haudricourt. However, Berry notes that there's been interest from other clubs and there will have to a fit for both sides.

7:57am: Free agent first baseman Corey Hart says his agent, Jeff Berry of CAA Sports, is likely to meet with the Brewers this week in Orlando, Tom Haudricourt of the Journal Sentinel writes. Hart, who missed the entire 2013 season and underwent knee surgeries in January and July, is likely to receive an incentive-heavy deal.

Haudricourt notes that the Brewers likely will not want to extend the sort of multi-year deal it would take to acquire James Loney to fill their first base void, and have not shown interest in Michael Morse. The Brewers could involve themselves in trade talks for first basemen like Ike Davis or Lucas Duda of the Mets, or Logan Morrison of the Marlins, but perhaps only as a backup plan if they can't re-sign Hart.

Hart had received interest from the Rockies, Red Sox, Rays and others this offseason, although the Rockies have since agreed to terms with Justin Morneau, and the Red Sox have agreed to re-sign Mike Napoli. The Pirates might be another logical fit. Hart, however, wants to stay in Milwaukee and has said that he would play at a discount in order to stick with the Brewers.

Its up to destiny right now man.

I'm going to look into the point of view of Angels_Baseball in trading JB instead of Calhoun but I would assume the D-Backs would want him as part of deal...

If we can trade Mark Trumbo/Chris Ianetta/JB Shuck for Tyley Skaggs/Wade Miley/Miguel Montero, and sign Corey Hart, and then sign Oliver Perez and Grant Balfour (just sign a a stud pen guy with other descent or capable of being good). All of our needs can be easily resolved. This moves can happen. Our line-up would look a little like this:

--- AL Format ---

Catcher: Miguel Montero/ Hank Conger

1st Base: Corey Hart

2nd Base: Howie Kendrick

3rd Base: David Freese

Short Stop: Erik Aybar

Right Field: Cole Calhoun

Center Field: Mike Trout

Right Field: Josh Hamilton

DH: Albert Pujols

&

1. Jered Weaver

2. CJ Wilson

3. Wade Miley

4. Garret Richards

5. Tyler Skaggs

&

- Joe Smith

- Oliver Perez

- Ernesto Frieiri

- Grant Balfour

--- NL Format ---

Catcher: Miguel Montero/ Hank Conger

1st Base: Albert Pujols

2nd Base: Howie Kendrick

3rd Base: David Freese

Short Stop: Erik Aybar

Right Field: Corey Hart

Center Field: Mike Trout

Right Field: Josh Hamilton

&

1. Jered Weaver

2. CJ Wilson

3. Wade Miley

4. Garret Richards

5. Tyler Skaggs

&

- Joe Smith

- Oliver Perez

- Ernesto Frieiri

- Grant Balfour

That's a winning recipe right there.

All of our attention should be at 1st base when we trade Trumbo. Outfielders are over-priced at the moment and only big names (no money to sign) are out there. Meaning we should strongly consider Pujols at the DH spot. He would conserve energy and risk free of injury.