• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Happy Thanksgiving

Tank

Enjoy your day, everyone. If you're driving somewhere, drive safely.

So what's your favorite thing to eat on turkey day? I've got two things - we have a sweet potato dish that's awesome (none of those stupid little marshmallows, either), and an acorn squash dish that has velvet a and bread in it. Fantastic.

We did a Jew Thanksgiving in Palm Springs. Family lives on the Bermuda Dunes course (old Bob Hope Classic course for you golf buffs) in a gated community inside a gated community.

We drove the golf carts up to the country club for a buffet style dinner with wine and cocktails.

Came back home for football and we all made everything again for fresh leftovers and lots of vodka.

I'm pretty standard and like the normal spread for Thanksgiving. However, I hate ham but at the country club thought it was the turkey carving station and ended up with some and one of the chefs told me to try a ham sauce he had. This gravy/sauce was made from Grand Marnier and was phenominal.

Black people don't live in Palm Springs

Racist.

The turkey, of course, and a family recipe for cornbread dressing that has proven very popular at the dinners we have had with other families. Some people call it "stuffing", but it isn't stuffing unless it was inside the bird while it was cooking (my mother used to fix both, so I know the difference).

Racist.

The turkey, of course, and a family recipe for cornbread dressing that has proven very popular at the dinners we have had with other families. Some people call it "stuffing", but it isn't stuffing unless it was inside the bird while it was cooking (my mother used to fix both, so I know the difference).

It's a southern thing. My mom's family had an ongoing divide about whether to put sage in the dressing so they started making the stuffing without and the pan of dressing with. I prefer the sage but it's not a dealbreaker for me.

Not sure that there is one thing.  All the flavors are necessary.  Mashed potatoes with gravy.  Stuffing with gravy.  Sweet potatoes (with the marshmallows and pineapple chunks).  Turkey with a smidge of cranberry sauce.  Throw in some black olives.  Didn't have ham this year, but I like it and prefer to have it.  Went to a friends this year so don't have any leftovers = bummed!