• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hope for Trumbo's trade value?

Docwaukee

The lack of power hitters in baseball will drive up Trumbo's value. 

I can see them trying to get a young, controlled starter whose more of a mid rotation guy and get a bullpen arm or they'll try to get just a front end guy. 

Danny Duffy and Luke Hocheaver might be a logical proposal. Duffy is a young starter who might just need a change of scenery. The guy was really good in the minors just a few years ago and the stuff is really good. Hocheaver was pretty much dominant as a reliever last year and we all know how much we need more of those types of guys. He's relatively cheap too. There have been rumors of KC trying to trade Butler so Trumbo gives them a cheap new DH. 

Colorado needs a new 1B so maybe a Trumbo for Nicasio/Tyler Anderson deal works. 

These would be scenarios in which Vargas wasn't resigned. Both Nicasio and Duffy are younger options who can probably be similar to Vargas and are cheaper. If you get prospects or bullpen help back in return too, then that's even better. 

I don't have a doubt in my mind we can get a solid arm for Trumbo. People constantly underrate his value when I'm sure there are a few teams would love to have the oppurtunity to have a 30hr/100rbi guy. When/if Trumbo is traded, expect it to be part of a package for maybe a #2.

I can see them trying to get a young, controlled starter whose more of a mid rotation guy and get a bullpen arm or they'll try to get just a front end guy.

Danny Duffy and Luke Hocheaver might be a logical proposal. Duffy is a young starter who might just need a change of scenery. The guy was really good in the minors just a few years ago and the stuff is really good. Hocheaver was pretty much dominant as a reliever last year and we all know how much we need more of those types of guys. He's relatively cheap too. There have been rumors of KC trying to trade Butler so Trumbo gives them a cheap new DH.

Colorado needs a new 1B so maybe a Trumbo for Nicasio/Tyler Anderson deal works.

These would be scenarios in which Vargas wasn't resigned. Both Nicasio and Duffy are younger options who can probably be similar to Vargas and are cheaper. If you get prospects or bullpen help back in return too, then that's even better.

Duffy is a Santa Barbara/Goleta product.

I don't have a doubt in my mind we can get a solid arm for Trumbo. People constantly underrate his value when I'm sure there are a few teams would love to have the oppurtunity to have a 30hr/100rbi guy. When/if Trumbo is traded, expect it to be part of a package for maybe a #2.

I guarantee you a competent front office does not rank RBI as a top 10 statistical metric to evaluate a player, gauge value and predict future performance.

I guarantee you a competent front office does not rank RBI as a top 10 statistical metric to evaluate a player, gauge value and predict future performance.

not every front office is 'competent'.  there are going to be half a dozen teams that view Trumbo's production and presence as more valuable that advanced metrics may indicate.  It's probably one that no one has realized as of yet. 

not every front office is 'competent'.  there are going to be half a dozen teams that view Trumbo's production and presence as more valuable that advanced metrics may indicate.  It's probably one that no one has realized as of yet. 

Exactly, I'm almost cetain there is a GM or two out there is going to overpay to have Trumbo and something tells me it's going to end up working out for them.

not every front office is 'competent'. there are going to be half a dozen teams that view Trumbo's production and presence as more valuable that advanced metrics may indicate. It's probably one that no one has realized as of yet.

There is one of those GMs in KC. Plus, Trumbo's power projects well in any park. If any GM is liable to look past the two wretched months each season, it's Dayton Moore.

Did you forget who their GM is? I wouldn't be surprised at all if Moore would be willing to give up Zimmer or Ventura for Trumbo.