• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I really hate the Red Sox

Michifan

I have never liked the Red Sox, and have hated them since 86. I feel like they get a different strike zone than the other team, especially at home, and we lose at least one regular season game every year, not to mention all the playoff losses, because of it.  

I don't mind most of the newer players. Ortiz makes me puke and Pedroia makes me want to punch the screen. Has anyone EVER brushed Ortiz back of the plate? Or is every pitcher in the league intimidated by him? He's WAY too comfortable up there.

The old days and the battles we had? You mean the one battle we had with them in 1986? Or the battles that we had with them in the 2000s? Are those "the old days" now?

1986 was painful, but those of you holding on to that hatred after 27 years need to lighten the **** up. I swear, some of you probably harassed Donnie Moore so much for that one pitch to Dave Henderson that the guilt consumed him. Let it go. It's not healthy.

As for the so-called "East Coast Bias", I don't care. Half the country lives in the Eastern Time Zone. I rarely watch ESPN anyway. I think some of you are blowing it out of proportion, just like the cries about "liberal media bias". Never mind the ACTUAL bias that isn't even subtle on Fox News.

1986 may be when my distaste for Boston grew to hate, but they've done nothing since 1986 to ease that reaction. In fact, my feelings for them have done nothing but decline since 1986. So it's not that I haven't let something go that I need to. It's that they continue to warrant my detestation, whether it's Manny being Manny, their fans, Captain Caveman, Big Poopie, or the recent beard thing. It all just rubs me the wrong way. It's probably irrational, but it's baseball and being a fan, and I hate them. 

Your biggest mistake is implying that 1986 is the only reason people here hate the Red Sox.

Your biggest mistake is that I implied it is the only reason.

Of course, based on the comments in this thread since I posted, it seems to be where the hatred began.