• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Miami sanctions

USC is even happier now I am sure. 

Pretty obvious that it was a bit personal with SC since the school didn't put any self sanctions on themselves. Kind of hard to say that the Miami situation wasn't much more widespread than what happened at USC. 

Simply put, the NCAA needs to go away. 

roy firestone said something pretty well on his facebook page about all this yesterday. he has no issue with the ncaa handing out punishment to those who committed violations, but if something happened 5 years ago, why punish today's kids for it?

It is really easy for me to understand.  These other schools got caught, admitted it, and self sanctioned.

USC got caught, denied it, threatened the NCAA, were total arrogant pricks about it, and they fell on their swords.

...and that's absolute bullcrap. The NCAA shouldn't be in the business of operating emotionally like that.

It has nothing to do with emotion.  The other schools cooperated with the NCAA investigation.  You always get leniency for cooperating.

Two other things.

Miami was a struggling school during this era.  USC was a juggernaut.

USC was already on probation when they got caught again and hired a scummy coach with a past for NCAA violations.

Edited by nate

...and that's absolute bullcrap. The NCAA shouldn't be in the business of operating emotionally like that.

Hey McNair since you might have known about bush we are going to drag you through the mud and ruin your coaching career.

hey Frank Haith we can verify that you took money and are a complete piece of shit who has no respect for our rules. Please sit out five games.

All because one ad decided to bend over and hold their legs and the other did not. Sounds fair.

USC was unjustly punished relative to how everybody else is, even if you consider their arrogance.  I don't care how complete or non-existent their cooperation was.

Furthermore, even if Miami was cooperating even more than could be possibly expected, the nature of the activity there was so much greater in terms of ridiculousness that they should have seen penalties at least on par with what USC incurred.

The NCAA is a joke. They act unfairly. It's bullcrap.

I think the NCAA realized they botched the investigation - didn't they fire the initial guy? But 3 scholies for 3 years?

Take that!!!

9 schollies for 3 years (3 each year) . Cmon, that is big time.

Basically saying "hey ncaa teams, do whatever the hell you want, just make sure to wipe our butts and kiss our feet when we step onto your campus."

I could take his post and make it into a piece that would garner almost unanimous support from fans of almost every school.

It's never good to begin with a middle finger (and one that's only being given because he doesn't understand the nature of his haters) to readers that would otherwise fully side with you.

What a whiner.

I really did love reading this work of absolute brilliance that he produced last year:

http://lostangelesblog.com/origin-of-arrogant-nation/

What undoubtedly highly hilarious and very successful television comedy does this guy write for? I ask because his satire is absolutely top notch. I'm serious. There is nothing better than his origins section. He might want to consider taking it down... unless it's actually satire.

He might like to crow about USC's academic status, but it sure seems to me that this particular bit of USC achievement has absolutely nothing to do with him.

He's a bit of a numbnutz.

Edited by RallyMo