• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy *&%^.

Agreed. FS79 isn't stupid enough to believe what he wrote. He's trolling.

You guys are too quick. I edited my post almost immediately. If Jack Lew doesn't make the interest payment and we default, the blame's on him. By extension one could blame his boss, the president.

I don't believe this scenario will happen, though. It's unthinkable that we would default on our debt. We've never defaulted on even a penny in our entire history. All the default talk is brinksmanship, an elaborate game of chicken. Both sides are looking for what they always want, a political advantage. The welfare of the country is not even on their radar screens.

Edited by fan_since79

November 1st seems to be the day that a large chunk of payments are due that the Treasury will not be able to afford.

They WILL be able to afford it. At least $30 billion comes rolling in each day to the Treasury in tax receipts. They just have to prioritize until this "crisis" passes and the politicians get their act together.

You have missed the point completely.  Numerous parties have done idiotic things to bring us to the point where we are at today.  Including the above video.  How can you blame on person when multiple parties will have participated in all the steps necessary to get us to this point?  It is not logical.

Occam's razor says FS79 is Mr. Troll.

You guys are too quick. I edited my post almost immediately. If Jack Lew doesn't make the interest payment and we default, the blame's on him. By extension one could blame his boss, the president.

I don't believe this scenario will happen, though. It's unthinkable that we would default on our debt. We've never defaulted on even a penny in our entire history. All the default talk is brinksmanship, an elaborate game of chicken. Both sides are looking for what they always want, a political advantage. The welfare of the country is not even on their radar screens.

It's a certainty.

The federal website has been a disaster, it would have been all over the news every day. In fact many people think that the reason why the website sucks is because the government is shut down. By the time this thing is over, the website might actually be functional.

They spent $600 million dollars on this website and it doesn't work. The government needs to get a refund from the software company.

And how can a website cost $600 million??? That doesn't seem right.

They spent $600 million dollars on this website and it doesn't work. The government needs to get a refund from the software company.

And how can a website cost $600 million??? That doesn't seem right.

Well, when the developer is owed a favor...

They WILL be able to afford it. At least $30 billion comes rolling in each day to the Treasury in tax receipts. They just have to prioritize until this "crisis" passes and the politicians get their act together.

Although the treasury can prioritize payments to bondholders and avoid a "technical default", many on Wall Street see this as being a default anyway and interest rates on bonds will adjust accordingly.

You still have to keep that asterisk in there just to attach Obama to this don't ya?

You know why interest rates are so low? Because the market is willing to pay those low rates. But let's hasten our demise because 75 year projections don't look great. 

The reason interest rates are so low is because this country has a central bank that buys a huge amount of it's own debt via bond purchases. If there wasn't a Federal Reserve there wouldn't be an extravagant amount of debt and we wouldn't be in this mess.

Yes that is correct but the general sentiment is that there is no way that the Fed can quit purchasing bonds. The very mention of "tapering" their purchases caused a spike in rates a month ago so they didn't do it.

The Federal Reserve cannot quit buying bonds. They've backed themselves into a corner. If they do, the bond market collapses.