• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UCLA Football Thread

nate

Cassius Marsh is the biggest douche bag of a player.

Can't really argue with you, he has made progress but still does really stupid shit.

On that note, you don't have much ground to stand on when your team has 7 convicted felons.

Bruins will get an unofficial from Mixon and likely an official visit.  He has added UCLA back into his top five and it sounds like the Bruins are in a good spot with him.  He would be a huge get for this staff.

Also, Elumenor, the OT that committed then flipped to Arkansas is back showing interest in UCLA, likely because AK is struggling.  It is not clear if UCLA is showing interest back.

Bruins will get an unofficial from Mixon and likely an official visit.  He has added UCLA back into his top five and it sounds like the Bruins are in a good spot with him.  He would be a huge get for this staff.

Also, Elumenor, the OT that committed then flipped to Arkansas is back showing interest in UCLA, likely because AK is struggling.  It is not clear if UCLA is showing interest back.

Wow, Mixon must be afraid of Dykes' new emphasis on academics at Cal.

UCLA needs to add talented depth on the OL.

Mixon would be a huge get. I don't think it happens but if the Bruins can beat Stanford and UW it will go a long way. Where do you think Mixon ends up?

UCLA adds home & home with Michigan in 2022 & 2023.

Any bets on whether or not either coach is still with their program in 2022? I doubt either will be.

Lou Holtz picked Stanford today because UCLA players have to deal with midterms.

UCLA is on the quarter system.  That man needs to retire already, can't stand him.

HOLY CRAP. THAT'S TWO MIDTERMS AND TWO FINALS EACH FALL OR SPRING! ACADEMICS OVERLOAD!

Furthermore, MOST (but definitely not all) of these guys don't give two sh*ts about their academics beyond remaining qualified.

Edited by RallyMo

I'm not selling my program short, nor yours. It's fallacy to think that academic admissions hinders recruiting for any top tier school when you consider that these guys have to actually go to class and that much smarter guys that are exceptional at football will choose from programs that truly offer both chances for football success and academic achievement. It's pretty self selecting that way. Look at Stanford. There aren't too many dummies that end up playing football there and given how good the program is. "I'm rather smart. I'm great at football. I'd be nutso to not go to Stanford given the current state of affairs."

The guys, academically speaking, have a much easier row to hoe than most when it comes to actually getting into places like UCLA or Cal than other students that don't play football, and have to meet a bare minimum threshold respective to the university itself (not the NCAA) that doesn't actually hurt recruiting at all given that all these guys are going to have to go to class.

Edited by RallyMo