• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trading Kendrick

Torridd

I think the biggest advantage to trading him is that we have potential replacements that are ready for a shot.  Green and Lindsey with more depths waiting below them.  Dipoto wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't at least see what was available in return.

That being said I think Howie is undervalued on this board and the return would have to be significant to actually make a move.

I love Howie, but I'd trade him in the right deal. I'd be totally happy to keep him as well.

I don't know what you could expect to get for a good hitting, yet impatient 2nd baseman with moderate power. A decent/not great SP? Maybe. A solid bullpen arm or two? Sure. I'd probably be inclined to do it for some high reward prospects. 

I think the biggest advantage to trading him is that we have potential replacements that are ready for a shot.  Green and Lindsey with more depths waiting below them.  Dipoto wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't at least see what was available in return.

This.....

What about Kendrick for Gausman? The O's need an upgrade at 2B and have stated they'll part with pitching prospects. Gausman has great stuff & was an early first round pick, but has put up average numbers throughout his short minor league career.

Edited by SoWhat

So that's 3 so far for trade him for pitching because it's necessary.

Howie is much better than Green or Lindsay.  However, we need to trade him if we don't get the Japanese pitcher!  He is the one guy who can bring us multiple pieces.  And I would rather go with Green or Lindsay instead of trotting out the likes of Hanson or Blanton 40% of the time.

Make that four

Kendrick, Bourjos, and Trumbo are all trade candidates.

I'd hate to trade Trumbo, and then see him go Chris Davis on the AL.   But, by 2015 the Halos will have THREE DH types.

Bourjos makes the defense stronger, and has shown that he can hit solidly in 2011 and this season when healthy.

Kendrick still has two seasons left on a pretty friendly contract, and Lindsey is close to be ready.

I don't think you're going to get multiple pieces for a guy you would optimistically expect to hit .285, not many walks, a dozen homers and a trip or two to the DL

A starting pitching prospect wouldn't be unrealistic.   

Maybe HK for Zach Lee still happens in the off-season?   Raviners need a 2B, as Mark Ellis is 37.

Do that and sign Tanaka, and then there is no need to re-sign Vargas for 3 years and at least $30 million.  Save that money towards Trout.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I don't think you're going to get multiple pieces for a guy you would optimistically expect to hit .285, not many walks, a dozen homers and a trip or two to the DL

I don't think so either....you might get a similiar player for what we got for KMo--Vargas....that isn't going to please many around here but that's the way I see....

Edited by DMVol

What about Kendrick for Gausman? The O's need an upgrade at 2B and have stated they'll part with pitching prospects. Gausman has great stuff & was an early first round pick, but has put up average numbers throughout his short minor league career.

I'd love Gausman. He was fantastic in his stint at AA this year, good at AAA and struggled at the majors, but most 22 year olds do. 

His HR/9 rate is abnormally high and he posted good K/9 and decent BB/9. A 22 year old with great stuff would be a great haul for Howie. 

Kendrick, Bourjos, and Trumbo are all trade candidates.

I'd hate to trade Trumbo, and then see him go Chris Davis on the AL.   But, by 2015 the Halos will have THREE DH types.

Bourjos makes the defense stronger, and has shown that he can hit solidly in 2011 and this season when healthy.

Kendrick still has two seasons left on a pretty friendly contract, and Lindsey is close to be ready.

The most logical trade piece for us is Borjous, but I think he has limited value due to last year and then his inability to stay healthy this year. If I'm another team I'm calling the Angels about Borjous because it makes sense, and I think I can get him for cheap.

Kendrick is the guy who I think can bring a larger return, but also the guy that is likely to be missed most.