• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We're going to be stuck with Trumbo in 2014

fan_since79

First time ever that an Angels player has had five hits and scored five runs in a game.

What about GA's 10 runs in New York in 2007? I know there was a grand slam and a 3 run homer but what about the other 3 RBI's? I'm too lazy to look up to see if they were sacrifice flies.

It'd be nice to be able to keep Trumbo.  If they don't get what they feel is significant in trade value for him, then they should absolutely keep him.  I doubt that anyone really wants to get rid of him.  He's fairly productive and seems like a good guy.  He's just the guy that I think would have the most value in trade relative to his replacability in general (ie his position and limited tools) and relative to what the halos have in reserve. 

I will actually be fine with them keeping him as long as they find a way to appropriately upgrade the pitching staff via other means without damaging the future. 

No matter what though, one has to be traded from Bourjos, Trumbo, and Calhoun; because we know that Trout and Hamilton will have two of the four OF/DH spots.

I certainly hope it isn't Calhoun.   Bourjos can hit solidly when healthy, and of course plays rock solid defensively in the OF.

The only way I can see Trumbo staying is to one more time learn to play 3B in the off-season.

And what's wrong with Hamilton becoming the DH?    He's 33 next season.

Sign Tanaka and the Beard, re-sign Vargas, and move Trumbo to 3B; and you not only get to keep Bourjos, Calhoun, Trumbo, Aybar, and Kendrick, but you also don't lose any draft picks.

Edited by Angel Oracle

It'd be nice to be able to keep Trumbo.  If they don't get what they feel is significant in trade value for him, then they should absolutely keep him.  I doubt that anyone really wants to get rid of him.  He's fairly productive and seems like a good guy.  He's just the guy that I think would have the most value in trade relative to his replacability in general (ie his position and limited tools) and relative to what the halos have in reserve. 

I will actually be fine with them keeping him as long as they find a way to appropriately upgrade the pitching staff via other means without damaging the future. 

They might be able to do this if they are willing to spend even more money on payroll, which I doubt Arte wants to do.  I guess if you move Kendrick (whom I would also like to keep) then perhaps you can keep Trumbo and add a good arm without increasing payroll.  It might come down to Kendrick or Trumbo, in which case I would be somewhat torn as to who should be kept (though I would lean toward Kendrick).

AO sees Tanaka as his new version of Downs, before Downs was an Angel.

It's sometimes hard to determine how Japan pitching translates over here.

But we have seen quite a few come over to the states and succeed.

It's also hard to overlook his sub 1.50 ERA, 0.93 WHIP, and nearly 8/1 Ks/BBs since 2011, all the while still only 24 currently. 

Not to mention that his four seamer does sit on 90-94 and touches 97, and also having a solid slider, two seamer, and splitter.

He hasn't been overused yet (only one season over 200 innings).

He's a starter who wouldn't cost a draft pick or players.

Maybe it's time for Arte to finally pay the rights fee after not doing so for a decade, and get potentially a solid starter in here. 

Edited by Angel Oracle