• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

Same here. I use a mixture of vinegar, water, and a few drops of dishwashing liquid. Mix and spray on weeds. After a few days, weeds are eradicated. Easy peasy japanesey.

Damn. I spent $25 on some spray at Home Depot and its hardly working that well. 

Damn. I spent $25 on some spray at Home Depot and its hardly working that well. 

Yeah, it's cheap and effective. For the more leafy-type weeds you have to saturate the hell out of them. But, it's still cost-effective due to the low cost of the vinegar. Get the highest acidity vinegar you can find too. There are places that sell 20%, but it's quite a bit more expensive. I think the highest you can find in most stores is 5% - 7%. That's what I usually use and it works just fine.

55 degrees here right now! Feels like summer.

Snow is starting to melt but it is still about 18 inches deep. Supposed to be back in the 20s in a couple days.

They just announced that Lake Michigan was 93.3% ice covered which is a record. It really has been an insanely cold winter.

ahq2Y7n.png

Yeah, I don't know how many other Midwesterners we have here, but I've spent 8 winters in the Kansas/Nebraska area, and this has easily been the coldest one. I'm used to it getting ridiculously cold, but only for short periods of time (2-3 days at a time) before returning to more average winter temps (i.e. High of 40, low of 20). But this winter has been a relentless hell beast. It seemed like we went from Mid-December until the end of February without ever seeing a day above 15 degrees, and plenty of those disgusting -20 with wind chill days. This March has pretty much been like a normal January, and I'm slowly becoming happier. Edited by Don Tomlinson

El Nino might disrupt SoCal next winter with 30+ inches of rain.

But I'm sure most of the rest of the country won't mind being significantly warmer next winter than it's been the past 2-3 winters.

People can still get to work in the rain (okay to insert SoCal driving jokes here).

It's not so easy doing anything when you have constant snow/ice and very cold temps in most of the rest of the country.  

I usually do about 60 vinegar, 40 water. A few squirts of dish liquid too, which helps the solution to adhere to the weeds. Shake and then spray those weeds to a brutal, painful demise.

I'm assuming you must hit the weeds directly and not any other vegetation you want to flourish? So what happens if it rains and you have that vinegar in the soil?

Dish liquid kills ants too. Bonus!

I'm assuming you must hit the weeds directly and not any other vegetation you want to flourish? So what happens if it rains and you have that vinegar in the soil?

Dish liquid kills ants too. Bonus!

I'm assuming you must hit the weeds directly and not any other vegetation you want to flourish?

Yes.

So what happens if it rains and you have that vinegar in the soil?

The soil becomes kind of vinegary, I guess.

I usually do about 60 vinegar, 40 water. A few squirts of dish liquid too, which helps the solution to adhere to the weeds. Shake and then spray those weeds to a brutal, painful demise.

How well does it work on raiders fans?