• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pirates acquire Justin Morneau

Redondo

Ya, I like this for the Pirates.

He's not the same player he was pre-concussion, and he's shown a huge platoon split this year(.536 OPS against lefties), but at the very least he's still capable of doing damage against righties. And they have Gaby Sanchez doing well against lefties, if they want to work some sort of platoon.

Sounds like they're taking on the money he has left, but Alex Presley is probably a pretty generic 4th OF going forward, and the PTBNL probably isn't anyone great since it's "or cash". Even if Morneau underwhelms, they're only out some cash for the rest of the season and players they aren't likely to miss.

.740-.770 OPS the past 2 years, Gaby Sanchez has .750 OPS this year. I really don't see how this is gonna make that much of an impact?

Experience. Not that long ago the twinkies were good. Gardy is a good manager who gets a lot out of his players, like Kelly before him.

They are a lot like the Angels used to be, compete for a year or two, and then rebuild for 3 years, and repeat...

As Scioscia always said (one of the few things I agree with) is that certain players bring "intangibles"

JM might just bring that.