• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

No panic please, Magic!  If the FA's don't want to come, don't force it.  Even if we just signed Cousins, we'd still field a great young lineup:

Ball - Hart - Ingram - Randle - Cousins (1 + 1 prove it deal?)

IT - Svi - Kuzma - Wagner

Would consider using remaining cap to absorb bad 1-year contracts from other teams for future picks.  For example, trade Deng to Denver for Wilson Chandler, Kenneth Faried, and Darrell Arthur.  That is a savings of $13+ million in cap for Denver, more when you consider tax implications.  Could probably run Faried and Chandler in our second unit potentially or look to offload both separately in secondary trades.  Second unit could have IT return on a one year, cheaper deal to build up his market value.  Need an enforcer at power forward in that lineup, though.

If that's true it seems like waiting until Tuesday is just to draw more attention to the announcement but is what it is.  If the Lakers miss out on Lebron after missing out on PG I hope they don't panic and gut the core for Leonard.  I know they wanted Cousins before his injury and him on a 2 year max deal is lower risk because of the duration and you hopefully get the best out of him while he plays for his biggest payday.  Capela is a RFA so Houston can match but at 24 he could be a part of the Lakers youth movement if they miss out on Lebron/Cousins. 

I'm assuming that waiting until Tuesday to announce is buying time to see if the Lakers trade for Leonard or sign Cousins.  Either way, I've always been excited for the opportunity to sign free agents this summer BUT have always tried to remain flexible in how we grow.  I'm fine adding big free agents, I'm fine adding complimentary free agents to the young core.  At the very least, put an offer in on Cousins; or Capela and force Houston to pay market rate.

3 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

I'm assuming that waiting until Tuesday to announce is buying time to see if the Lakers trade for Leonard or sign Cousins. 

Glad this wasn't the case.  If he had made up his mind and was counting on the Lakers doing something to change it I was afraid of how they would respond.  That said now that he just signed I imagine he'll have plenty of input on the next moves the franchise makes.

Not like it matters right now but I'll be curious to see the details of his contract and whether or not it has a player opt out.

KCP coming back, too.  Right now, we look like:

Ball

KCP - Hart - Svi

Ingram - Kuzma - Deng

Lebron - Kuzma - Randle

Randle - Wagner - Zubac

Lacking a backup point at the moment.  Could see Randle and Hart being packaged for Leonard, then signing Cousins on a "prove it" chip run contract.