• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Grant Green's increased plate patience

Eight walks in his first 69 plate appearances for the Halos, after not walking much in an org that preached it (Oakland)

Small sample size? Or has he changed his approach?

Gotta like the .800+ OPS since coming here.

Send him to 3B when Kendrick is activated.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Yep. The guy is all punch and Judy.

He slugged .468 in the minors so I think the power will surface eventually.  

The guy's put up a .350/.435/.400 line in his time here, though, so it's hard to be disappointed with that.  His K rate is also kinda high if we're nitpicking though.

I'm not sure what to think of him to be honest. Really concerned with his lack of ability to drive the baseball. 3 extra basehits (all doubles) in 72 career at bats is a little concerning to me. He's handled the bat well, and the walk rate looks good so far, so that's a plus. Still, I hope he shows more power at some point.

I'm more concerned with where he is going to play. His glove doesn't look like it can handle second base and the A's didn't seem to think he could play third. That said it's also possible that the A's do actually believe he can play third but no longer have any use for a third basemen. If he ends up needing to play OF he will need to start showing some power. 

For you guys watching all the games, does he look like he has the arm for third base?

I'm more concerned with where he is going to play. His glove doesn't look like it can handle second base and the A's didn't seem to think he could play third. That said it's also possible that the A's do actually believe he can play third but no longer have any use for a third basemen. If he ends up needing to play OF he will need to start showing some power. 

For you guys watching all the games, does he look like he has the arm for third base?

I'm guessing that he does, due to having played SS sometimes in the minors.

I feel like if the Angels had any designs on him possibly being their 3B of the future, they'd have him playing there now with Nelson or Romine playing 2B until Howie gets back.  I have to think they're planning on trading Howie this winter and making Green the 2B.  Who that leaves for 3B, I have no idea.  It can't be Nelson, it just can't.

Ya, Luis Jimenez hasn't even been a league average hitter in Triple-A this year. I don't think he's anyone a team with any sort of goals of contending(as I would expect this team to have next year, for better or worse) should be seriously considering as an everyday player.

Welcome to the 2014 Angels, Michael Young! Veteran presence!

Edited by jshep

If that is the case (Green at 2nd) I'm really confused with the trade.  All they would be doing is keeping the spot open for one year until Lindsay is ready.

He's got to play third or his acquisition is meaningless.

Why do you think Lindsay is such a guaranteed success?  I think the trade for Green gave them room to trade Kendrick for SP if they find the right deal.  If they can't, then Green can possibly play 3B or be traded himself.