• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout is starting to catch Cabrera in the batting race.

rageous

July 1st 

Cabrera .369

Trout .315

July 10th

Cabrera .366

Trout .320

July 20th

Cabrera .360

Trout .322

August 1st

Cabrera .359

Trout .326

August 8th

Cabrera .359

Trout .333

So in less than 40 days he has made up 28 points in the batting race and now has 26 points to go.

He still has a chance at the batting title if he can remain hot throughout the rest of the season.

Like other posters said.  This far into the season it's pretty damn hard to make up 20-25 points in batting average.  Just like a while ago when talking about Puig someone mentioned that Puig would have to go hitless in his next 60+ ABs to fall to .300

Most likely Cabrera won't struggle down the stretch because his slumps do not last very long but I can see him coming back down to about .350

So Trout will most likely have to hit .370+ in the last two months in order to catch him.

Sounds difficult except that Trout has been hitting .372 since June 1st so it's possible.

Most likely Cabrera won't struggle down the stretch because his slumps do not last very long but I can see him coming back down to about .350

So Trout will most likely have to hit .370+ in the last two months in order to catch him.

Sounds difficult except that Trout has been hitting .372 since June 1st so it's possible.

And .394 since the 4th of July.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bored at work so I did some math. If both players keep their current AB/Game ratio the same Trout has 133 more ABs this season bringing his total to 602. Miggy has about 126 left bringing his total to 583.

If Miggy "cools down" to hit .300 the rest of the way he'll finish with a .343 BA. Trout would have to hit .383 to match that for a season total.

If Miggy hits .250 the rest of the way he figures to have a .333 AVG. And Trout would obviously have to hit .333 the rest of the season to maintain his average and match that.

I'm bored at work so I did some math. If both players keep their current AB/Game ratio the same Trout has 133 more ABs this season bringing his total to 602. Miggy has about 126 left bringing his total to 583.

If Miggy "cools down" to hit .300 the rest of the way he'll finish with a .343 BA. Trout would have to hit .383 to match that for a season total.

If Miggy hits .250 the rest of the way he figures to have a .333 AVG. And Trout would obviously have to hit .333 the rest of the season to maintain his average and match that.

well... it's definitely possible

He's been hitting .385+ since June 1st. I think he can continue doing that, but I don't know if Miggy will only hit .300 from here on out. Either way..Trout isn't winning MVP so all of this is nil. Trout needs to start off strong next April and hope Cabrera comes down to earth and maybe he will.