• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia is off his rocker

Scott34

I'll play devil's advocate here and say it was a legit question. Downs gave up the 2 run homerun and that was all the A's needed. I don't think pulling him before he gave up the 3rd run would have done much good.

Also Downs has been very good as a reliever not only this year, but during his entire tenure as an Angel. He should be able to get out righties.

no I don't remember. I believe a reliever has to throw at least one pitch prior to being replaced once he is announced and steps on the mound.

That is correct, which is why it was a story(Astros were allowed to make the switch and Scioscia flipped). I'm pretty sure the poster was referencing it as a joke(maybe, IDK). You don't remember the game though so you missed the joke

It's intriguing when fans like to micro manage on the internet.

Thank you, its good to know there is someone else out there that see's that!  I laugh every time people come up and criticize a move with hindsight.  Hey guys, if you are such managers make your calls before the fact.

There are a lot of legit criticism on Scioscia but there game by game micro managing isn't one of them!

It is a bit of hindsight on my part, but only because I'm not preparing every day to manage a Major League Baseball team.  Scioscia knows who Oakland has on the bench.  That part of it, I had to look up.  He should be prepared for situations like that.  When Joe Maddon was with the Angels, Scioscia probably had all of the information... and probably went against it fairly often.  Now, who knows.  To narrow criticism of this move down only to hindsight is ridiculous, though.  There are plenty of intelligent people in this world that are concerned with making good decisions, and don't just react to results. 

It is a bit of hindsight on my part, but only because I'm not preparing every day to manage a Major League Baseball team.  Scioscia knows who Oakland has on the bench.  That part of it, I had to look up.  He should be prepared for situations like that.  When Joe Maddon was with the Angels, Scioscia probably had all of the information... and probably went against it fairly often.  Now, who knows.  To narrow criticism of this move down only to hindsight is ridiculous, though.  There are plenty of intelligent people in this world that are concerned with making good decisions, and don't just react to results. 

I'm trying to decipher this post but I have no idea what you're trying to say here. 

I was perfectly fine with bringing Downs in. Downs just threw one of the worst pitches I have ever seen.

This team sucks. Doesn't matter what Mike does.

Why?  It's scioscia's job to know who is on the bench for the a's, he should have known Norris and his 6 hr's were going to pinch hit if he brought in Downs to face a nobody lefty catcher named Vogt who has hit a whopping 2 hr's.

Earlier in the year against the A's, Scioscia made the same mistake when he brought in Downs to face a punch n judy lefty and the a's pinch hit chris young who hit a 2 run homer to tie the game.  that was the 18 inning game, sciocia is just a god awful manager and never learns from his mistakes.

Yes this team sucks, but this game was winnable and the manager is a huge part of the problem.