• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Luis Guillorme from the Braves for PTBNL/cash - place Rendon on 60-day IL

This could have originally been a one for one trade for Herget but I guess they wanted to stretch out the suspense. 

I wonder which team will actually pay more for these reclamation projects? Or if performance factors in. 

Seriously, just low level baseball roster tinkering. Angels  dire need for  any experienced middle infielder.  Braves with a basically free pitcher who once was serviceable. 

I suppose Perry thinks it"s too early in the season to feed the perception that the team has given up and will just bring up prospects. Ready or not. 

5 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

This could have originally been a one for one trade for Herget but I guess they wanted to stretch out the suspense. 

I wonder which team will actually pay more for these reclamation projects? Or if performance factors in. 

Seriously, just low level baseball roster tinkering. Angels  dire need for  any experienced middle infielder.  Braves with a basically free pitcher who once was serviceable. 

I suppose Perry thinks it"s too early in the season to feed the perception that the team has given up and will just bring up prospects. Ready or not. 

Maybe, but would even a casual fan think these moves are to keep the team in contention?

• mmc changed the title to Angels acquire Luis Guillorme from the Braves for PTBNL/cash
  • mmc changed the title to Angels acquire Luis Guillorme from the Braves for PTBNL/cash - place Rendon on 60-day IL
5 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Who says it's to their detriment? Angels need to find out sooner rather than later if guys like that can contribute, so I'm fine with "sooner" being now. 

Its not like they are 18 year olds.  Its time to either call them up or move on.

one look at this roster, and that's why i can't get pissed at the players or the manager when the halos inevitably lose. 

i think perry's hands are tied by arte. i think this is all arte's doing and that the blame falls squarely on him. 

sell the team, arte.

This doesn't fit neatly anywhere, but didn't necessarily feel like it deserved its own thread...But I was just thinking about all these random guys the Angels have been picking up recently.  None of them can be optioned without passing them through waivers, so I'll be curious to see what happens when some of the injured guys start coming back.  It might not even be an issue, since it's entirely possible that they'd all pass through waivers unclaimed--but as far as I can tell, Calhoun, Tucker, Guillorme, Adrianza, Pillar, and Fulmer are all out of options.

26 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

This doesn't fit neatly anywhere, but didn't necessarily feel like it deserved its own thread...But I was just thinking about all these random guys the Angels have been picking up recently.  None of them can be optioned without passing them through waivers, so I'll be curious to see what happens when some of the injured guys start coming back.  It might not even be an issue, since it's entirely possible that they'd all pass through waivers unclaimed--but as far as I can tell, Calhoun, Tucker, Guillorme, Adrianza, Pillar, and Fulmer are all out of options.

They're just collecting a paycheck as our guys come off the DL they will be DFA'ed or flat out released.

These scrubs aren't staying, they're serving a purpose... 30-60-90 at bats and back to obscurity! 

It's 1980! Again....

25 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

They're just collecting a paycheck as our guys come off the DL they will be DFA'ed or flat out released.

These scrubs aren't staying, they're serving a purpose... 30-60-90 at bats and back to obscurity! 

It's 1980! Again....

Right, but my point is that if there are more injuries down the line, we might have to go through this same process again with different randos.