• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/3/24 4:10 Pacific): Angels @ Guardians: Soriano on the mound, Calhoun hitting cleanup

It's all about consistency, can they do it again tomorrow?  There is more talent here than many think there is.  It's nice when it shows it face!

2 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

Looks like Schanuel is not in over his head anymore.

Where are all the voices that wanted him sent down?

"Angels wax 'em good." As the  Cleveland broadcasters concluded. So rare considering the Angels lost 23 of the last 25 in Cleveland. 

Nice to see  Calhoun and Moniak have good games as a change of pace. And Schanuel is back in the groove. But he needs to work on scooping bad throws out of the dirt. 

Really encouraging seeing Soriano poised and in control. With his stuff he can become a big part of the rotation. 

You understand why Wash put in Suarez in that situation. His first inning could have blown up but he really took over in the ninth. His best inning as an Angel. And hopefully it helps rebuild his confidence though I'd still be cautious in the situations he is used in. 

Nice game and a rare shutout. Cleveland in a little slump so maybe this series is winnable. 

10 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Just looking out for you my man.   Also, Without your takes, other more tenured posters  may slip into Tier 6 

Ah man I’m sure this was just a fluke. No way a t6 team beat a t1 team…

Moniak 3 run blast had EV of 110 mph!!!

I am a little surprised he can create that kind of power. I may have slightly misjudged his potential.

I know there are different body types and TV make you look heavier but Willue Calhoun need a strict dietary and exercise program implemented. 

On 5/4/2024 at 1:02 AM, Angelsfan1984 said:

Ah man I’m sure this was just a fluke. No way a t6 team beat a t1 team…

Precisely why the proprietary Tier metrics are first and foremost based on "series win" vs individual games.   Yes a Tier 1 team would be expected to beat a Tier 5 team 67% of the time, and that is exactly what happened.

On 5/4/2024 at 10:26 AM, AngelStew43 said:

I may have to re-evaluate my opinion that Soriano may be better pitching out of the pen.  He really pitched well yesterday, and I hope it continues in his next start. 

I think he's serviceable as a starter, but it is reasonable to expect him to be inconsistent. 

48 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Precisely why the proprietary Tier metrics are first and foremost based on "series win" vs individual games.   Yes a Tier 1 team would be expected to beat a Tier 5 team 67% of the time, and that is exactly what happened.

Thank you for going silent the entirety of the series until the guardians won 2 of 3. Again, you ducked my proposal and came here to gloat as if I didn’t state the angels taking 1 of 3 results in nothing. You confirmed how much of a dumb dumb you actually are. Congrats!

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Thank you for going silent the entirety of the series until the guardians won 2 of 3. Again, you ducked my proposal and came here to gloat as if I didn’t state the angels taking 1 of 3 results in nothing. You confirmed how much of a dumb dumb you actually are. Congrats!

Your proposal was based on a false pretense.   Any team going 3-0 would have been an outlier.  Which is why you find the logic of the Tiers challenging.

You chose to jump the gun after the first game, whilst more seasoned observers reserved comment until the series concluded.   It is apparent that Self control is NOT one of your better angels.

The series played out exactly as the Tiers predicted (in a majority of contests).  Tier 1 - 67% win rate.   Tier 5 - 33% win rate.

20 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Your proposal was based on a false pretense.   Any team going 3-0 would have been an outlier.  Which is why you find the logic of the Tiers challenging.

You chose to jump the gun after the first game, whilst more seasoned observers reserved comment until the series concluded.   It is apparent that Self control is NOT one of your better angels.

The series played out exactly as the Tiers predicted (in a majority of contests).  Tier 1 - 67% win rate.   Tier 5 - 33% win rate.

So the fact that I proposed this before the first game is irrelevant? You are clearly delusional and the prescribed medication you take or should be taking should be up for review by a licensed professional. 

let’s see, your supposed t1 team nearly lost 2/3 to a team without their top 2 players and a bunch of AAA players and 2nd year players. They should have swept the angels and anything less than that is a bad outcome. It’s not an outlier it’s a flawed thought process by a horribly incompetent internet troll. 

id continue this conversation but I’m not sure you can process the information coherently so I’ll just continue drinking my beer and pick up the dog shit in my yard. 

6 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

id continue this conversation but I’m not sure you can process the information coherently so I’ll just continue drinking my beer and pick up the dog shit in my yard. 

Yep.   Just take the "L", finish your "honey-dos" and drink some beer.   Salvage what's left of your weekend.   

Catch you on the flip side.  Peace.