• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/3/24 4:10 Pacific): Angels @ Guardians: Soriano on the mound, Calhoun hitting cleanup

28 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

@Swordsman78 put up time. Let’s see how accurate your tiers are. Self ban if angels win 2 of 3. I’ll self ban if they get swept by this juggernaut. If angels sweep you change your name to “my tiers are dumb”.

deal?

Just to keep in interesting......

1.  If Angels sweep, I will apologize for wasting every ones time and delete the Tiers thread, and self ban from using the word "Tier"

2. If Angels get swept you will post an apology for doubting the logic and viability of the Tiers and add the sentence "Angelsfan1984 is a Tier 6 poster". and tag it to your future posts for the rest of the season.

3.  No self bans because flukes do happen.

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread (5/3/24 4:10 Pacific): Angels @ Guardians: Soriano on the mound, Calhoun hitting cleanup

I think I'll just watch the games and hope the Angels don't get blown out. I've been to the Guardians stadium a couple times and I like the venue and the surrounding area. Angels stadium is such a lifeless venue in comparison with an seemingly endless parking lot that spills out to near nothingness. If the Angels were to be sold I would hope new ownership would find a way to change the entire environment surrounding a new stadium. 

27 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Just to keep in interesting......

1.  If Angels sweep, I will apologize for wasting every ones time and delete the Tiers thread, and self ban from using the word "Tier"

2. If Angels get swept you will post an apology for doubting the logic and viability of the Tiers and add the sentence "Angelsfan1984 is a Tier 6 poster". and tag it to your future posts for the rest of the season.

3.  No self bans because flukes do happen.

Based on your tiers the guardians should throttle the angels. 2 angel wins should be enough for this to happen. time to show us what you got…

Why are you feeling so hesitant? 

I.

I believe.

I believe in Stephen Vogt.

I believe in Stephen Vogt.

Just kidding...however....

Nice to see a guy with no managing experience get the job right after retiring as a player and perform well. 

We have two managers with very different career paths to managing here. 

Side note... Vogt is an Azusa Pacific alum. 

35 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Based on your tiers the guardians should throttle the angels. 2 angel wins should be enough for this to happen. time to show us what you got…

Because self banning is as dumb as building a tier system without using any respectable metrics.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Just looking out for you my man.   Also, Without your takes, other more tenured posters  may slip into Tier 6 

Edited by Swordsman78

7 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Still waiting for the chess show down between @Swordsman78 and @Stradling

A charity chess match would be a good idea and one I think @Stradling proposed. An In-N-Out gift card for those that pick the winner, as long as a charitable donation was deposited. I think The Old Ship in Fullerton would be a good venue. Winner buys the loser a round, loser buys dinner. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

A charity chess match would be a good idea and one I think @Stradling proposed. An In-N-Out gift card for those that pick the winner, as long as a charitable donation was deposited. I think The Old Ship in Fullerton would be a good venue. Winner buys the loser a round, loser buys dinner. 

I’m down. 

Ok, I'm really over Washington now.  Maybe, I don't know, give guys more than one or two games in a certain spot in the order before you decide they can't hack it there??

https://www.ocregister.com/2024/05/03/willie-calhoun-batting-4th-because-ron-washington-says-young-players-arent-ready/

"Journeyman Willie Calhoun found himself hitting in the cleanup spot in his first game with the Angels on Friday.

“I took some names and put them in a hat and shook them up and he came out fourth,” Manager Ron Washington said.

After the assembled media chuckled, Washington added: “Seriously. You think I’m joking.”

Washington went on to explain that he actually wrote some names on pieces of paper and threw them on his bed. He also had Jo Adell and Logan O’Hoppe in the mix.

Those players have each shown some power in the major leagues and gotten off to solid starts this season, but Washington said he really didn’t want to give either of them the responsibility of hitting fourth.

“They’re too young,” Washington said. “I tried putting Adell in the top of the lineup and it lasted a day. I tried putting (Zach) Neto in the top of the lineup and it lasted two days. I’m not going to take O’Hoppe and put him in the fourth hole. I’ll hit him fifth or sixth, but for some reason when you put them in one of those spots, they think they’ve got to be special and they don’t. They really don’t. They’ve just got to be who they are. If you can give us base hits there, I’ll take it. You can give us doubles there, I’ll take it. I’m not looking for home runs because I don’t have that kind of team.”