• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels star Mike Trout needs surgery for torn meniscus

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

Rendon is not, and will never be, a leader on this team. He's not made of that kind of moxie.

Come to think of it, it would be interesting to find out how many games Rendon has played without Trout in the lineup?

It can't be more than a dozen.

IMG_2843.jpegMoxie

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

You seem to be talking about what would have to happen with the current group of players to be a 100 win team.

Nice that you picked being the most elite of teams in baseball to strive for. How about turn off the unrealistic and ask, what would get them to 92 wins, which almost a sure bet for the playoffs. 89 would have put them in the wildcard last season, 92 bumps the Rangers out and wins the West. 

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I wonder if they can just go ahead and do the 2025 surgery at the same time.

Maybe they're waiting for 2025 to do Trout's surgery so they can kill two birds with one stone.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Nice that you picked being the most elite of teams in baseball to strive for. How about turn off the unrealistic and ask, what would get them to 92 wins, which almost a sure bet for the playoffs. 89 would have put them in the wildcard last season, 92 bumps the Rangers out and wins the West. 

I guess you missed when I said not to take the 100 win threshold literally.

I hope Trout's production doesn't take a nosedive like Jimmie Foxx did at age 34. His numbers fell off a cliff and he was done. He returned for a few games after a year's break and was awful. Just like that, finished. I can't imagine Trout being an offensive force after age 35 and that's just a couple years from now. With all the injuries, etc. 

On a positive note, if the doctors can repair his knee and he DH's going forward, perhaps my gloomy outlook will prove premature and he'll do well until age 38.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

I hope Trout's production doesn't take a nosedive like Jimmie Foxx did at age 34. His numbers fell off a cliff and he was done. He returned for a few games after a year's break and was awful. Just like that, finished. I can't imagine Trout being an offensive force after age 35 and that's just a couple years from now. With all the injuries, etc. 

On a positive note, if the doctors can repair his knee and he DH's going forward, perhaps my gloomy outlook will prove premature and he'll do well until age 38.

A lot has changed in 82 years.  

What concerned me about Trout before the injury was his big drop in batting average. The home runs were nice but most of them were solo shots.

Besides the frequent injuries there are other signs of a veteran slowing down, not uncommon in a 32-year old veteran, soon to be 33. Father Time is often a strict taskmaster in baseball. 

On 5/4/2024 at 9:46 AM, fan_since79 said:

What concerned me about Trout before the injury was his big drop in batting average. The home runs were nice but most of them were solo shots.

Besides the frequent injuries there are other signs of a veteran slowing down, not uncommon in a 32-year old veteran, soon to be 33. Father Time is often a strict taskmaster in baseball. 

The batting average was a bit unlucky and he was just getting his timing back, and it still accompanied a high OBP, SLG and sprint speed. Long run, he would’ve been fine. 

As long as you aren’t anticipating the MVP that hit .300 I think you’d be quite pleased when he seeks in right around .270. And even then, I think we’re moving past the era where batting average means anything about anyone besides Arraez. 

On 5/4/2024 at 6:19 AM, Angelsjunky said:

One thing seems pretty certain: the "Trout stolen base renaissance" is over.

It should have already been over. I mean, how many wins did it actually generate during this short-lived and ill-conceived 'renaissance'?