• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brandon Marsh on playing for Phillies vs Angels

5 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I didn't see it. But I also feel this needs its own thread. 

I didn't post it as its own thread because I figured someone would bitch at me about it since he no longer plays for the Angels.

Anyway, here are the excerpts I posted on the other thread.  They give more context/detail than the ones in that tweet:

"Marsh had an idea Philadelphia would give him a purpose in the weeks after the 2022 World Series. He was a meaningful piece of something special.

With purpose, he found a routine that eluded him in Anaheim.

“Every day doesn’t feel different now,” Marsh said. “And that just comes with experience. I don’t have a lot of it, but I have a little bit. Just knowing that I’m supposed to be here. In the most humble way, knowing I’m supposed to be on the field with these guys. I’m not showing up to the field, like, ‘Oh, if I play bad, am I going to get benched for a week?’ That kind of thing. And I had that feeling in Anaheim a little bit.

“But God works in mysterious ways, man. I feel like this changed me as a player. As a person. My whole outlook on baseball and life coming over to Philly has been for the better.”

"Marsh has solidified his spot in the majors, even as a conversation the Angels had two years ago persists. They were not certain Marsh would hit lefty pitching. The Phillies traded a good prospect (Logan O’Hoppe) who has since become the Angels’ starting catcher because they viewed Marsh as a future everyday outfielder.

He’s not there yet.

“I’m showing up to the yard knowing what I’m going to get,” said Marsh, who is hitting .291/.333/.547 this season. “In Anaheim, it was a little different situation. We weren’t winning as much as we were here. Here, we have a plan. A process. We know who’s hitting. We know who’s going to play.”

The Phillies faced 11 lefty starters in their first 26 games. That ranked third-most in the majors. Marsh started four of those 11 games, a slight increase from a season ago. In 2023, Marsh started only 15 of the Phillies’ 51 games versus lefty starters.

They’ll face two Angels lefties as Marsh returns to Anaheim. He’ll probably play Tuesday against Tyler Anderson but not Wednesday against Patrick Sandoval.

“You pick the left-handed pitchers that you think they’ll have the most success against,” Phillies manager Rob Thomson said last week. He added: “There’s nothing wrong with giving a guy a couple of days off.”

The Angels version of Marsh might have let doubt creep into his mind. But he knows where he stands with the Phillies. “He’s just this really good athlete,” Bohm said, “who wanted to get better every day.” The Phillies expect to play him more against lefties this summer."

Just now, katie said:

But even we as fans realize this 

True. But I'm guessing 3 years ago, Marsh didn't. He was just psyched to get to the majors, a life-long dream. Marsh should be a case in point for the Angels brass to look at - he pretty much thrived as soon as he was out. 

We all know the organization is broken.  Most of us want Arte to sell. 

Personally, I don't need a bunch of reminders about how much the team sucks.  I see it.  We all see it.  I just don't obsess about it.  I don't even whine (much) about it. 

It's all out of our control and despite what people like mmc want, I am still going to watch because I like baseball. I'm just not consumed by it.  It's an option of things to do each day.  That's all.  It's a pastime. 

There are just bigger things to worry about or get angry about. 

I'm not happy that the team sucks, but again since it's out of my control - I don't think about it too much. And the last thing I want to do is sit around and complain about it with a bunch of other people. 

I get it.  Some people are outraged. They have a right to be.  That's just not me.  It's all about perspective.

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

Yesterday it was an obligation because my daughter got to walk the field with her softball team. I felt like that dude from A Clockwork Orange with his eyes pinned open being forced to see terrible things watching that game. 

Cool memory for your daughter.

When I was a kid I got to run out on the field with the Quakes. I was accompanied by a guy named Stony Briggs.

Years later, I was trying to remember his name, and all I could think of was "Bumpy Grimes." And an internet identity was born.

Let me add...

I try to find the humor in things.  There's lots to work with here.  The Angels are a target rich environment for humor.  I think poking fun at the state of things is more enjoyable than just out and out griping about it... but everyone is different.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

I didn't post it as its own thread because I figured someone would bitch at me about it since he no longer plays for the Angels.

Nah @jsnpritchett anything that's related to the Angels should have its own thread, past or present. 

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

We all know the organization is broken.  Most of us want Arte to sell. 

Personally, I don't need a bunch of reminders about how much the team sucks.  I see it.  We all see it.  I just don't obsess about it.  I don't even whine (much) about it. 

It's all out of our control and despite what people like mmc want, I am still going to watch because I like baseball. I'm just not consumed by it.  It's an option of things to do each day.  That's all.  It's a pastime. 

There are just bigger things to worry about or get angry about. 

I'm not happy that the team sucks, but again since it's out of my control - I don't think about it too much. And the last thing I want to do is sit around and complain about it with a bunch of other people. 

I get it.  Some people are outraged. They have a right to be.  That's just not me.  It's all about perspective.

Yep. This is just another form of entertainment, like watching a movie. We don't like it when our movie sucks (the new Roadhouse) but we still enjoy watching a movie.