• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Silseth to resume throwing soon, Bachman having back spasms & isn't throwing

11 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I can't remember. Did he come with injury concerns on draft day?

Stop Motion Yes GIF by Mouse

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/07/11/major-league-baseball-angels-select-former-hse-pitcher-9th-draft/7933532002/

"Many believe Bachman's combination of a 100 mph fastball and plus slider will allow him to move quickly through the minors as a reliever. Bachman dealt with injuries at times during his career, and he never went past the seventh inning during a start this season, adding to the chatter about him ending up in the bullpen."

Good thing the Angels delayed Bachman’s start of the season to “manage his innings.”

Everything related to Bachman has been moronic. The pick in the first place, moving him to the pen, Nevin overusing him in a short stint, “managing” his innings.

22 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Hard to imagine Bachman ever becoming anything. We'll probably all forget about him and he'll eventually resurface somewhere else and maybe have a decent year or two as a reliever. But no way he becomes a starter.

He’s the new C-Rod, unless something drastically changes.

He’ll stick around for a few more seasons and then unceremoniously be gone.

On 7/11/2021 at 5:18 PM, Second Base said:

I had Rocker above Bachman on my own board, but Bachman is a good pick. The only question here with Sam is if he's a major league closer or a major league ace. There isn't much in between

He hits 101 on the gun, sits 97-98, comfortably for 5-ish innings. And there condensed about him being a reliever are overblown because guess what, he's got a killer change up too. He just never needed it.

The biggest question is how many strikes he'll throw, that's really it. 

lol

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Yeah, I think Sam Bachman has closer type stuff, for sure. If you don’t, then you haven’t been watching for very long.

Your post said that there was no "in between," that he'd either be an ace or a closer, and that the biggest question was whether he'd throw strikes, completely ignoring the injury concerns.  Could he still turn into an effective closer?  Yeah, maybe.  It might help if he could actually stay on the field first. 

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Your post said that there was no "in between," that he'd either be an ace or a closer, and that the biggest question was whether he'd throw strikes, completely ignoring the injury concerns.  Could he still turn into an effective closer?  Yeah, maybe.  It might help if he could actually stay on the field first. 

Yeah there likely isn’t a whole lot of in between. I said the same thing this year about Ben Joyce. Either he’s healthy and throwing strikes and dominates, or he simply doesn’t. I don’t envision Bachman or Joyce being your typical middle reliever. 

All that depends on health though. If they aren’t healthy, there’s no equation. 

And to Bachman’s credit, still no major arm injuries or anything. It’s just everything else that seems to be falling apart.