• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Schanuel's on-base streak is over due to a scoring change, Angels petition to reverse doesn't work

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

@jsnpritchett have the Angels or MLB commented on this yet, or just a tweet from that official scorer account on x?? 

I don't think it's anything the team or the Angels would comment about. He wasn't all that close to breaking Alvin Davis' record, so no real reason for an official account to note when it ended. 

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

My guess is that he didn't feel one bit of pressure due to the streak. 

I don't know what's in his head. People deal with pressure differently. Time will tell. 

One thing is for sure, I'd like to see him start squaring up the ball more mixed in with his walks. 

32 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

MLB has gotta be the only sports organization that will make an effort to retroactively make a bad call in a big moment.

And not retroactively make a good call in a big moment.

5 hours ago, Chuck said:

Maybe this relaxes Schanuel at the plate a bit more so he can focus on game at hand and not pressured by an on-base streak.

Agree.  I've been thinking the last several games that I wouldn't mind if the streak ended.  For a rookie, it would become a distraction at some point.

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Schanuel's on-base streak is over due to a scoring change, Angels petition to reverse doesn't work
4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

MLB has gotta be the only sports organization that will make an effort to retroactively make a bad call in a big moment.

To promote the game you do whatever you can to build some sort of excitement. His on going streak should be the kind of thing the commissioner would have interceded and told them they cannot retract their call so late after the games conclusion.

Instead Manfred allows some dipshit to kill their ongoing promotional storyline. Stripping baseball of something to give all fans something to be interested in, especially to draw attention away from Ohtani's gambling scandal. 

Seth Meyers Idiot GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

The scoring change doesn't benefit the Orioles pitcher so I am puzzled why the change was made.

All of the runs scored by the Angels are still Earned Runs for the Orioles.

They wouldn't be trying to improve Baumann's WHIP, would they?

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

To promote the game you do whatever you can to build some sort of excitement. His on going streak should be the kind of thing the commissioner would have interceded and told them they cannot retract their call so late after the games conclusion.

Instead Manfred allows some dipshit to kill their ongoing promotional storyline. Stripping baseball of something to give all fans something to be interested in, especially to draw attention away from Ohtani's gambling scandal. 

Seth Meyers Idiot GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Randazzo heard you

23 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

The play is in the first tweet that I posted. 

Sorry I missed it. I don't think that's an easy play and therefore I don't think an error should have been charged. That's what they call pretty much a "bang-bang" play. Yes, if the pitcher catches the ball, he's out but if you look at everything else: the distance the 1st baseman had to leap to get to the play, throwing the ball pretty much from his stomach, and where the ball was thrown to the pitcher. My wife says they basicallly didn't want Schanuel to continue the streak and changed the ruling. It's hard to disagree with her. 

4 hours ago, Torridd said:

Sorry I missed it. I don't think that's an easy play and therefore I don't think an error should have been charged. That's what they call pretty much a "bang-bang" play. Yes, if the pitcher catches the ball, he's out but if you look at everything else: the distance the 1st baseman had to leap to get to the play, throwing the ball pretty much from his stomach, and where the ball was thrown to the pitcher. My wife says they basicallly didn't want Schanuel to continue the streak and changed the ruling. It's hard to disagree with her. 

I think it’s unlikely the people who made this decision (either Mountcastle to appeal it or MLB to change it) gave any thought whatsoever to Schanuel’s streak. 

I also really don’t think this streak was anything that MLB fans in general, beyond Angels fans, even knew about.