• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Interesting tweet from Lance Brozdowski about the Angels

29 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What is the league average?  Also with how Sandoval, Canning and Silseth started their first games I’m guessing throwing more fastballs was probably necessary. 

According to fangraphs, the avg four seam fastball usage is 30.2%

IMG_1867.jpeg

1 hour ago, zenmaster said:

Sounds like we need someone with great spin rates who has proven he can get great spin rates through various methods.

I don't think any of us have the faintest clue who you could possibly be talking about. Hell, I doubt this someone even has their own dedicated thread that is over 30 pages long.

21 hours ago, BTH said:

I’m not a big fan of looking at stats with a 6-game sample.

It’s just early season conversation. I’m not putting definitives on anything. Just posted that I thought it was interesting 

23 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This is probably junk data, but I think we can recall last year the pitchers struggling with throwing more breaking pitches in an effort to get more K's.

Because some hitters don't chase out of the strikezone. And pitchers don't always have to over throw their breaking ball to get a chase swinging strike. Most hitters won't swing at a 55 ft curve or slider in the dirt.

But, they will chase an elevated fastball up and out at the hands.