• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (3/30/24 @ 1pm Pacific): Angels @ Orioles: Canning on the mound

16 minutes ago, nothing, Nothing said:

I hope they do the catcher/batter challenges first before full on robo umps. The fun drama that comes with the catcher/batter challenges is too good if they lose a challenge. Also anytime the ump gets shown up live on the spot is going to be S tier moments. 

I really hate the idea of challenges. We pretty much know instantly whether a pitch is a strike or a ball. Why derail the game every time they get it wrong, or on every close pitch in a high leverage situation?

Just now, Halo in Chicago said:

Canning looking pretty good after that rocky first inning. 

This Oriole offense is pretty solid so if Canning can get through one more inning without giving up another run, I would call it a good first outing. 

6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I really hate the idea of challenges. We pretty much know instantly whether a pitch is a strike or a ball. Why derail the game every time they get it wrong, or on every close pitch in a high leverage situation?

Trust me I know what you mean about delaying the game, but the most important thing to me is THEY GET THE CALL RIGHT.

I am SO over umpires impacting the outcome of the game.

Just now, CaliAngel said:

C'mon Canning, get through 6!

Yep.  One of my success metrics for the Halos.  Even though Strad says its unrealistic for a MLB pitching staff to ave 6 IP.   I prefer to challenge players more so than letting them slack.